Download

Replication help. Weapons Duplicate on server....(Video Included)

So I have been able to replicate all of my functions thus far on both the server and the client including my weapon equip function. The problem I have run into is that the weapons seem to duplicate on the server and I cannot seem to figure out why. I have spent roughly four hours trouble shooting on my own and have decided to finally ask for some help. I am a beginning developer and have only completed my first year of computer science so I’m hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I have posted a video and if anyone is willing to help maybe we can connect through email or skype so I can share more information on what is involved inside the functions to get a better idea of what could be causing the problem. Thank you in advance for any helpful advice.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Jlfs1v_ZjqE

The Begin Play event will run both on server AND the client.

When you call a Run on Server event and right after a Run on Client event, you are telling to “If you are a server, run. Right after, run this only on your local machine”

Considering this, if you are a server, you will run both events. That’s the reason you’ll spawn twice your gears.

** To avoid this, you would check if the weapons you spawn are marked as “Replicates”, and then ONLY spawn (inside your character class) on server-side, on Begin Play.

Thank you so much! I didn’t even think to validate if the weapons were already being replicated on the server. Fixed it with a simple validate and a branch. I hope this helps someone else who has run into a similar problem. I am all about sharing the knowledge. Here is what my begin play looks like now.

4b9345914ab5eee88d8bfecf7571969a.png