Replicating lots of data: Replication, RPC, or custom sockets?

I am trying to find the quickest way to replicate a voxel world, made up of chunk actors. Each chunk contains a replicated array of visible voxels.

I have noticed that the built-in replication is slow/throttled for these actors when the array is large. It is especially slow when new players join, as it takes over 1 second to replicate each actor. What are some other techniques for replicating large amounts of data?

I know the built-in replication has some restrictions, and the throttling is intentional. I’ve also read it won’t replicate arrays that are larger than 2048 entries.

I have seen some efforts to compress the voxel data before replication with NetSerialize, but I can’t seem to find any working examples. I thought that the engine would try its best to compress (gzip?) the data when replicating anyway?

Should I continue to pursue replication with compression, attempt to use RPCs to sync the data, or use sockets?

Instead of replicating so much data, why not just serialize a single uint8* property to store all voxel’s visibility bit?!
I think engine also has a “BitField” property or something like that.