Replicated Events, where do they work?

Recently I’ve been having fun trying to see where clients can use RPC’s that run on the server. So far, I’ve only been able to get it to work on stuff like the player’s controller.

Calling an RPC from a pawn however does not work? Even after possessing it, and setting the owner. (I might have been setting the owner wrong)

Is there a list somewhere of where clients can call an RPC to run on the server. This would have been very beneficial if it were appended to the docs

In the documentation it says it can be run wherever an event graph is owned by the client. Maybe this just need clarification. What exactly does it mean to own an event graph.

I feel like I’m missing something.

As long as the server has an instance of the Class you are calling the RPC in on his side, you can call the RPC.

Client only has his own PlayerController. Server has instances for all of the clients and himself.
Cleints have instances of their own pawn and the other clients one. Server also has this.
Server has a GameMode, Client doesn’t have one.

etc. Check this Picture to see what class are available on what side (client/server): Unreal Framework & Network - Nuno Afonso

Also check my recent stream on twitch where i talked about networking and showed a bit: http://www.twitch.tv/exifrexi/c/6657653

This is exactly what I needed. Thanks!