Replacing debug cylinder with static mesh in custom teleport system

Hi Everyone!
I am trying to create custom teleport system following tutorial: VIRTUAL REALITY WALKTHROUGHS WITH UNREAL ENGINE academy.unrealengine.com/Class-Viewer/VR_Arch
At the end of 3.2 video Matt explains that debug cylinder could be replaced with static mesh spawn, but it is out of the tutorial scope. Can anyone show me the coding for that or send a relevant link.

Hi! I don’t know if it is the best solution but I solved the problem creating an actor with a static mesh as component and spawning it instead of drawing the debug cylinder. I gave it the Teleport Loc as spawn transform location and for the rotation I set roll and pitch to zero and yaw as the world yaw of the camera, so the mesh can be rotate in the direction of the view. At the beginning of the tick I destroyed the spawned actor so that it can be respawned in a new position.
I hope that it will be helpful :slight_smile:

Thanks so much Feli! Would you be able to add couple of screenshots of your blueprints?

Thanks so much Feli! Would you be able to add couple of screenshots of your blueprints?

Here there are some screenshots:
In the first one I replaced “Draw debug cylinder” with the spawn actor of my object cyliner (it is only a blueprint with a static mesh component that does nothing).

In the event tick every cylinder objects are destroyed, so we can have only a cylinder in each frame.

268608-screenshot2.png

How did you get cylinder in spawnactorclass? I can get actor, or staticmesh, but no cylinder.

I created a blueprint class called Cylinder and I put Actor as parent of it, so I can use it as actor and destroy it