Reorder Sequencer tracks

I have some sequences with lots of tracks and I NEED to have them in a proper order, otherwise this animation job is absolutely unmanageable. But can’t find a way to do it.

UE 4.27 documentation says " Tracks, Actors and Folders can also be reordered in Sequencer (as well as UMG Animations) and you can sort them (by type and then alphabetically) from the General Options menu."
here: Working with Tracks in Sequencer | Unreal Engine Documentation

Where is that “General Options menu” ? Cant’ find it neither.

Also found this topic in the forum: How to organize actors in sequencer - #2 by Max.Chen
Where @Max.Chen says in 2017 that reordering tracks is in the team features list to be implemented.

Anyone has a cue?

Here’s a quick video of nodes being reordered from A, B, C, D to D, C, B, A. And then sorting alphabetically through the View Options menu with Sort All Nodes.

UE_Sorting

1 Like

Thans, Max!

My issue was, in fact, reordering component’s tracks within an spawnable blueprint.

LIke these

Those are not movable, they are always in alphabetical order.

So my workaround is renaming the components in the blueprint with suffix (A, B, C, D…) to leave them in a comprehensive order for animation.

Like here:

This way I have all those component tracks in an order I can sync visually (as I’m doing with those 3DT components at the top of the list, for instance).

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.