RenderViewFamily, what is it and why is it taking so long to render?

Hey everyone!

I have an FPS issue here, it used to be way more smooth. Now i went into checking what is causing it. And it looked like RenderViewFamily is taking way too long to render.
What exactly is it? How do i resolve it? As i can’t find any documentation on this.

I recently did entire lightning in the scene but settings lights to static/stationary or movable didn’t change anything.

&stc=1

Anyone an idea?

Thanks!
Celeste

bumping this as I’m having the same issue, anyone know anything? Thanks

1 Like

Anyone have a link or a good description for this?

I would also like to know the answer to this

Afaik RenderViewFamily is simply the group where all rendering tasks relating to rendering your view belong to.

So what are some common causes for this being ridiculously bad?

too many drawcalls

Try this out, it is really good!

2 Likes

This is weird…not sure what happened but suddenly I went from getting good fps to getting crap fps around 12-40 and I have no idea what’s causing it. I’m getting the renderviewfamily too…it couldn’t possibly be draw calls because I haven’t added anything to my scene visually that would do that since the last time I was hitting good fps.

Type in your console (shortcut ~) stat scenerendering

This will show you your draw calls.

This may seem obvious but also make sure you are profiling with only the main editor viewport window open. If you have other tabs open like the niagara editor, blueprints, materials, etc. this all has to be rendered and thus is going to eat into your overhead and lower your main viewport fps.

2 Likes