Rendering Tips

I wonder how would your scene look without baked lights, and how would you go about making that look pretty? (For example, for use with a day/night cycle.)

I wonder too! I wanted to do it but with a “rainy/sunrise” cycle. But right now it would take weeks for my computer to render that.

We are getting closer to the marketplace release for our new project. Stay tuned.
If you want any other tips and tricks about archviz rendering, feel free to ask.

Hello, I want to share more photos from this new project. I don’t know why is taking longer than expected to get approved… but I will share with you the video that I made:

watch?v=GX3Rq1xZNVU&t=4s

Hi!

If you want to achieve realistic results you should go higher with your lightmap resolutions and lower with your smoothness!! Like this you’re missing all your detailed shadows and losing contrast… to me most of the objects are floating and even the nice materials don’t help with this…
Also useless to use higher than 5-10 bounces…

Thanks for the feedback!. Right now the smoothness is on 1.0… which number would you suggest?

Hi!

I’d go with 0.6! …you’ll be amazed to see all the small detailed shadows!! 1 blurs away all those nice results! …a bit of PP tuning (like contrast) can help a lot too…

This looks great!! I have so many questions it is ridiculous LOL
You mentioned on your first porsts that you used only a Skylight?? so you didn’t used the Direct light/sun?? Care to explain better? I am assuming you have portal lights on the windows?
Also, are you using the Unreal Skylight? or a sphere blueprint with the HDRI?
What type of HDRI are you using cubic?

Hello!, No in the bedroom scene I’m using skylight and a directional light (sun), but to be honest I only used it to ‘warm’ the scene a little bit, it was to blueish at first. And yes I have a portal and cubic hdri.

Im currently working in a third project that is going to have all the tips that you guys and I have shared. As soon as I finish it I will share all the used settings in detail, and the best quality/time mix of those settings. And if you guys like the ‘mood’ of the scene I could also share the post processing settings. (even tho I think post processing is very subjective, every one has their own taste).

And btw I have already uploaded the bathroom video, so go check it out!

watch?v=GX3Rq1xZNVU&t=3s

This is the cubic hdri image that I used for the Skylight.

Hello, I want to share with you guys that we just released our new asset pack on the marketplace: AURUM - Bathroom Essentials in Architectural Visualization - UE Marketplace

We always keep adding more assets to our projects, so every time you buy one of our products you will not regret it.

And as always, If you have any doubt or tip you want know about archviz rendering, feel free to ask.

Im seriously thinking about making tutorials in the future for absolute beginners, I like to help everyone in need like I once needed it. Thank you for your support!

I like a lot your works. Good job!

Thank you very much!

Sneak peak my new project, that soon will be on the marketplace!

I like it a lot, especially your close-up shots are very pretty. How do you go about uving this for lightmaps? Do you use a script or fix it manually?

Hello! I do it manually in Blender, i just use the Smart UV Project tool. This works perfectly for ‘normal’ meshes, but for clothing (since there’s a lot of foldings) I have to manually check that there’s no UV overlap.
And then I just bake the lights to see if the meshes are working correctly in order to be ready for my project and for the marketplace. But yeah it’s very time consuming, I don’t know much about scripts, do you mean inside UE4 or in some modeling program like 3ds Max or blender?

Hello!, We’ve finally released our new product Bedroom 02. Go check it out at the marketplace: AURUM - Bedroom 02 in Architectural Visualization - UE Marketplace

Great work!

Thank You!!