Rendering target composite output (Composure plugin) doesn't work in package builds

Rendering target composite output (Composure plugin) doesn’t work in package builds. (even with UE 4.25, 4.26)

In the current engine, there are differences between the operation on the editor and the operation on the package build as shown in the following two images.

image1: running in editor (standalone play)

(The material of the cube is transparent because the compositing element performs keying processing.)

image2: running in package build

The material created from the media player’s texture is applied to the sphere on the left side of the image, and the material created from the texture rendered by the Output Pass (Render Target Asset) of the compositing element (media_plate) is applied to the cube on the right side of the image.

When executing with package build, you can see that the material of the cube on the right side, which is the output destination of the output pass of the composure function, remains black.

Has anyone solved this problem?

Note that, building and running UE 4.25 (pull request #7303 version) as shown in the answer in the post below only fixed the runtime crash bug of UE 4.25 and the Render target composit output still didn’t work.

1 Like

Same issue with me.

When I using composure element output pass (Render target) it works perferly in editor mode like image below.

But when I package this project in development mode the image will turn black like below.

I pretty need help!

1 Like

Many years later, i have the same problem.

Any solution?
Please, i’m so stunck with this one…

I have the same issue! Then I found the problem, an material load failure: “/Composure/Materials/Output/M_TextureCopy.M_TextureCopy” .
I manually referenced this material, and the problem is solved.

1 Like

For anyone having the same problem, here’s an absolute beginner’s guide based on @JohnnyWg86 tip:

1. open the project settings
  2. search for “Additional Asset Directories to Cook”.
  3. add an array element via the plus sign
  4. enter the path “/Composure/Materials/Output”
1 Like