Rendering Issue on a Macbook M2, keeps crashing

HI,I am using unreal engine on a macbook m2 & when I am trying to render a sequence it crashes and says
LoginId:53c694c4074080ab41384597b3f80c8e
EpicAccountId:e71e84b6ee174c3fa5dd3107163ecac8

Fatal error: [File:./Runtime/Apple/MetalRHI/Private/MetalCommandList.cpp] [Line: 99] Command Buffer UniformPlacement DownsampleFactor=8 Failed with OutOfMemory Error! Error Domain: MTLCommandBufferErrorDomain Code: 8 Description Insufficient Memory (00000008:kIOGPUCommandBufferCallbackErrorOutOfMemory) Unknown Unknown

ReportMetalCommandBufferFailure(MTL::CommandBuffer*, char16_t const*, bool) Address = 0x29956f1e8 (filename not found) [in UnrealEditor-MetalRHI.dylib]
MetalCommandBufferFailureOutOfMemory(MTL::CommandBuffer*) Address = 0x2995997c4 (filename not found) [in UnrealEditor-MetalRHI.dylib]
std::__1::__function::__func<FMetalCommandList::Commit(FMetalCommandBuffer*, TArray<TDelegate<void (MTL::CommandBuffer*), FDefaultDelegateUserPolicy>, TSizedDefaultAllocator<32>>, bool, bool)::$_4, std::__1::allocator<FMetalCommandList::Commit(FMetalCommandBuffer*, TArray<TDelegate<void (MTL::CommandBuffer*), FDefaultDelegateUserPolicy>, TSizedDefaultAllocator<32>>, bool, bool)::$_4>, void (MTL::CommandBuffer*)>::operator()(MTL::CommandBuffer*&&) Address = 0x2995b06d0 (filename not found) [in UnrealEditor-MetalRHI.dylib]
invocation function for block in MTL::CommandBuffer::addCompletedHandler(std::__1::function<void (MTL::CommandBuffer*)> const&) Address = 0x299596900 (filename not found) [in UnrealEditor-MetalRHI.dylib]
Unknown() Address = 0x18bda0208 (filename not found) [in Metal]
Unknown() Address = 0x18bda05e4 (filename not found) [in Metal]
Unknown() Address = 0x1a048f20c (filename not found) [in IOGPU]
Unknown() Address = 0x18bda029c (filename not found) [in Metal]
Unknown() Address = 0x1a04907d4 (filename not found) [in IOGPU]
Unknown() Address = 0x1a0498c44 (filename not found) [in IOGPU]
Unknown() Address = 0x1a0498d50 (filename not found) [in IOGPU]
Unknown() Address = 0x181aa39d0 (filename not found) [in libdispatch.dylib]
Unknown() Address = 0x181abfc5c (filename not found) [in libdispatch.dylib]
Unknown() Address = 0x181aaad28 (filename not found) [in libdispatch.dylib]
Unknown() Address = 0x181ac0998 (filename not found) [in libdispatch.dylib]
Unknown() Address = 0x181aaba08 (filename not found) [in libdispatch.dylib]
Unknown() Address = 0x181aab9d4 (filename not found) [in libdispatch.dylib]
Unknown() Address = 0x181ab661c (filename not found) [in libdispatch.dylib]
Unknown() Address = 0x181ab5e90 (filename not found) [in libdispatch.dylib]
Unknown() Address = 0x181c4d114 (filename not found) [in libsystem_pthread.dylib]
Unknown() Address = 0x181c4be30 (filename not found) [in libsystem_pthread.dylib]

hopefully anyone has a solutioon regarding this.

1 Like

Yeah me too started happening a lot since I upgraded to 5.4.2 did you do the same?

yes, had the same issue since

1 Like

I’ve logged a bug complaint to get some help, so if I get a reply, I’ll let you know! I tried doing a Mac update as well but that hasn’t fixed it. I spent the better part of today looking for some more info but it’s pretty scarce. I am glad that I’m not the only one the planet that is having this issue it was starting to feel that way after a few searches.

Have you tried updating/fix redirectors? That seemed to help me a little bit in reducing the number of times it was crashing today but that might be a singular problem I was having that was adding to the issue.

1 Like

■■■■ bro thanks a lot, geneuinely helps, yea I tried it I think we have to hack the way for now to render stuff sadly

1 Like

Yeah keep me updated if you find any work arounds. I’ve just started using Scalability settings more and that seems to help. I just stay in low setting while editing by blueprints and then switch to high when I want to see a full scene. I’m only 1 year into teaching myself so half the time I don’t know if it’s something I’ve created or Mac/Unreal issue but fingers crossed I get a reply about it soon. I’ll post it here when I do.

Have you had any luck with this yet? It’s literally destroying any kind of productive session I could have now. The engine is pretty much usable for me now