Rendered .exrs to Davinci Resolve

Calling all Davinci Resolve experts.
Typically in your Resolve Color Managment settings you define Color Science to be DaVinci YRGB Color Managed.
Then Resolve will automatically detect the source clip’s color space by reading it it’s metadata.
However when exporting a linear .exr sequence from Unreal’s MRQ there is no metadata.

Should you keep using DaVinci YRGB Color Managed and then define an Input Color Space ?
If so which one?
And is it necessary to also apply a LUT?

Any feedback appreciated!

1 Like

Hello,
Did you find an answer to your question ? I’m using Black Magic Raw codec to record green screen and I export to UE5.1 using EXR images sequence. But I would like to know exactly what is the good workflow to respect the colors.

hi,
here is a nice video from William Faucher, maybe this can help you :slight_smile:

cheers :vulcan_salute:

Thanks for the link,
My problem is not to export from unreal to Resolve but from Resolve to Unreal.
If I use media plate, the video don’t get the good color and I’m not able to add ocio. If I use the video in composure, with ocio, it’s ok. I try to export from Resolve in sRGB but it’s not good, same as when I export with REC709

1 Like

I had exactly the same problem. The exr files out of resolve just seem wrong. There is a method here: Unreal Engine 5.1 Greenscreen with Color Correction Tutorial - YouTube for creating a media plate colour corrector in unreal but you wouldn’t need to color correct in unreal if the exr’s were interpreted correctly and looked the same as they did in resolve. Did you ever find a method? If so I’d love to know

1 Like