Let me share my Landscape setup first:
- I use 4.26 on a Windows PC
- I use an Auto material & it has some custom layers as well
- I use Grass Output Node in the auto layer (It uses auto layer masks to spawn grass)
- I also sample the use of Auto layer and if it doesn’t exist we don’t spawn grass
Now, I try to create a road with landscape splines.
- I can add splines and add a paint layer to segments
- Then it will show the paint layer on the road & remove grass as expected
But, when I move Splines to another Edit Layer (which is reserved for Splines), remove grass does not work.
I assume, that because this road is laid on top of the existing auto material.
Here’s a video showcasing the problem:
So, what solution/trick we can use to remove grass in this case?