Remove particles volume

I have a snow particle system and I also have a house. Currently the particles of snow fall straight trough the roof.
I tried adding collision to the particles, didn’t work. Most particles just fall trough anyways and cut game framerate by half, so I thought of maybe adding a collision volume to remove all particles that pass trough it? Is this possible? Is there any other way to do this?

Collision detection between the particles and the roof mesh is one method for preventing snow particles from dropping through your house’s roof. As you noted, though, this can be computationally costly and have a major influence on game performance.

As you stated, another method is to employ a collision volume. A basic box or sphere collision volume that closely fits the form and size of your roof may be created. Finally, add a collision component to the volume and configure it to block snow particles.

The issue is that they drop trough anyways. Only like 10% (Eyeballing it) actually collide, the rest falls trough

Yes, that is what I’m asking about. how do i make a volume that kills particles that enter it.

Is the roof is as simple as a flat plane you could just check their z location, I’d they match the height of the roof you can kill them.
Otherwise you might want to look into creating a box SDF, and manipulate its size and rotation to match your roof. The. You can easily check if the particle is inside or outside the SDF, if it’s inside you kill the particle!