Removal of Displacements and 1000 Megascans? Unclear FAQ.

Hi there,
I just read that Displacements are getting removed and apparently about 1k other Megascans/Decals?

As right now there is almost 19k Megascans available but the FAQ only mentions 17000+ Megascans.

Can you guys explain that?
It makes zero sense right now.

What will happen to people that bought these/own these?
Why can’t they be transfer over to FAB but simply not be sold anymore?
Will there be refunds for these assets/Balance for the FAB store?

Also, what happens to existing Megascans you own that are under a different license than the one you get from the “Add all Megascans for free” button?
→ Will the license of Megascans you did already acquired be the same as when you got them through Quixel?
→ Will the license change if you click that button?

Would be great if some of these would also be addressed in the FAQ on the Add all Megascans for Free dedicated page.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Hey!

Some Megascans from Quixel have been discontinued, however, if you have previously acquired these assets, you can re-download them through Bridge and Megascans library until they are sunset. You will be alerted in advance if any changes occur.

For refunds, there will be refunds offered for eligible points that are in your account. For more information on this, please click here.

Any assets that you previously added to your Quixel account or downloaded from Quixel.com or Bridge will still be governed by the license that was in place when you got those assets. The assets claimed on Fab will be under the Fab standard license.

Here is another FAQ that you may find helpful.

Hope this helps!

This clears up some questions, thanks.

There’s unfortunately still some stuff left that I haven’t found anywhere yet:

• What is the situation with assets that are getting removed, but I paid for?
    → Will there be refunds for these, similarly as with credit points?
  • I’m not quite sure if Megascans have transfered over yet so I’m tempted to press “Add all megascans to your library” but what happens if I do that and then later my actual library will get added?
    → Will the license that is higher apply or the one that was first set on FAB?

Assets that have been removed but you have purchased and downloaded are still available for your use under the Quixel license they have been acquired under. At this time, only active paid points balances are able to be refunded.

If you have acquired Megascans assets on Fab, they will be governed by the Fab EULA. Any Megascans acquired under a Quixel license will stay associated with the license it was purchased under.