[RELEASED] [SUPPORT] Female Hero: Action adventure

Great asset. An example of making her talk would be great. I see that there are many facial bones so I assume there is some software that can be used to modify these for talking.
An example setup for Apple AR Kit or any other example of actually making quality facial animations would be great.

Hi. Thanks.
As you rightly noticed there are a lot of facial joints.
Itā€™s created for the future to adapt to a facial animation. While in draft/placeholder form, but hopeful it will turn out to adapt something.
However, I have plans to add a new morph targets for facial expression.

Awesome Character! Just purchased.

Sorry to ask such a noob question, but whatā€™s the best way to animate this character? Iā€™ve only worked on really simple characters with 1 skeletal mesh, but this has many.

The tech demo is using Advanced Locomotion System. Should I use that?

I just want to create a simple animation blueprint for her walking, running, crouching etc.

Thanks!

Hey. Thanks for purchase.
This is a modular character.
Take a look at the article at the link:
https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/ā€¦ers/index.html
I hope this clarifies the basics workflow.

Why is it that when I Set Master Pose Component and press Compile her hair moves off her head?

Rotating the Hair Y 90 and Z 90 gets it close but still not right.

Any advice?

Hey.
Take a look at the screenshot of my another asset.
https://cdn1.epicgames.com/ue/producā€¦87bd8c0643.png
This works the same way.

Important. Donā€™t connect the SK hairstyle to the master pose of the component. Hairstyle already inherits a hair socket.
And donā€™t forget to reset the transform values.

Thanks so much Daemon3d, pefect! Being such a novice, these simple instructions are a life saver for me and Iā€™m really having fun using this character in a cinematic Iā€™m playing with. Thanks for the support!

Good luck with your project.

Hi,
Very nice asset, I have a problem, I need to retarget some animations so I supposed from what I saw that the skeleton was the SK_SkinBody_A_Skeleton but when I try to save the bone mapping, UE crashes every time, Iā€™m on 4.22.3, is the issue known or is it because itā€™s not the right skeleton that Iā€™m working with ?

Thanks !

Hello.
Can you write in more detail for what animation you retarget and how do you do it?

I want to use some animations that I have for walk unarmed , walk armed and aiming and also aim offset, (From MoCap and Kubold I believe) these are set on the UE4 Mannequin so I create from your skeleton a new rig mapping, set to humanoid, auto map, I checked if the auto map worked, it seems to work and when I tried to save the rig, UE crashes immediatly so I was wondering maybe I did not select the right skeleton ?

Hey. Are you sure this isnā€™t Advanced Locomotion System 4?
Can you show the tutorial on which you are creating a retarget?

So Iā€™ve checked, yes these are animations from mocap and kublod. They are targeted on UE4 mannequin, Iā€™ve done that previsouly, normally it works easily, I think Iā€™d follow that tutorial in the past : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy9aLbZLdeA

Hello, can you just describe how did you get it to work? I have done successfully in ALSv3 but in ALSv4 is just another thing. Thank you

Hello Daemon3d
I have bought the Hero survival character (a fantastic lady) and I would like to add her some bouncingā€¦ehmā€¦
I have downloaded the physical asset and I have applied it at the place of the other to the torso. Well, do not see any bouncing. Am I missing something?
I am not an expert of physical asset so any help would be very appreciated.
I have also another question if I may: what do you suggest as technique for your character? I have seen there are three (Master, Animation based and Merged), Probably you know all of them. I would like to keep the morphs target of the faceā€¦ any suggestion? Thank you in advance.

when i try to unzip tells me this archive/split-archive may be corrupted or has missing parts.If you have a par2 recovery file,you can verify and/or repair this archive via tools>>Par2 any help

Hello, I could download the ZIP without any issue. Did you try to use another computer? Please also wait for a while the download could be longā€¦

HI Daemon, Just wanna know how you retarget the skeleton with the AdvancedLocomotion because everytimes I try to retarget bones it say "FAILED TO MERGE BONES. This could happen if significant changes have been made.

Hi Daemon,
thank you for your work. I purchased the FemaleHero and I retarget the PistolStarter MocCap Pack on the skeleton of FemaleHero but when I try to use the AIM, the hands are strange.
On standard mannquin the hands are perfects :

mannequin.jpg

but on Female Hero, the fingers are mixed :

mixed.jpg

In a different animation, also, the hands are completly crossed :

crossed.jpg

Could you help me figure out where I might have gone wrong?

Thank you

I solved by myself, thanks anyway