[RELEASED] 55 Architectural Textures

Yeah, I saw your previous post. The fact that he doesn’t make any fuzz about it doesn’t make it seem any less sketchy to potential customers though. I would consider at least changing the color scheme of your site to differentiate it more though. Would prevent a lot of confusion and most likely help your business in the long run.

[QUOTE=Game-Textures;281636]
Thus, creating one texture takes from 1 to 4 weeks depending on its complexity. Exceptionally complicated textures (like stones 09, for instance), take more than a month, as I model each stone on the photo. So, on average creating one texture takes 2 weeks, and to create 38 textures I spent 76 weeks, or 19 months, or 1.5 year. A year and a half of 8-hour-a-day work. That’s the time you save buying my collection of textures.

[QUOTE]

Sorry to say this, but the texture quality that you achieve with your overkill workflow (model each stone…) can be achieved in a fraction of the time. In fact, listing the time that you need to create one texture…you would get fired at every studio. Simply because you need 1.5 years for 38 textures, each 2028x2048, which is way over the average time to create this kind of quality, does not justify the price you ask for.
In general, you can not apply hourly rates overall. When you get an hourly rate for studio work, you ‘sell’ the work once, therefore the high rate/hour. At a marketplace you sell it multiple times.

Look at the Unity asset store prices. The same price level will have adjusted here in a year or so.

The entire indie/hobby developer scene is hilarious :slight_smile: Like kids with toys testing what is possible.

There’s no need to apologize, I do agree with you about many points. I work in a large studio (as a texture artist, obviously). Moreover, we do not model each stone there – we just don’t have time for it. And the quality standards are considerably lower, but that is actually true for many studios. Sometimes we use generators, sometimes we model, but not in such details. Occasionally we spend a week to create a complicated texture, but never more than that.

Speaking about my textures at unreal marketplace, it’s my hobby. I enjoy creating quality textures, no matter how time-taking it may be to make them perfect. I spend as much time as I need for each texture, until its quality satisfies me. Traveling around the world, I take photos of interesting surfaces to make a good texture afterwards.

And the most important thing – I do not force anyone to buy my collection. My time and my work cost $150. It’s one’s personal choice whether to buy or not. Fortunately, I’m not the only one who creates textures, so everyone may find the product that corresponds to their expectations of price and quality.

Haha, so here comes the lawyer:

1. you just admitted, that you spent considerably more time for your texture workflow than is usually required for triple AAA title textures.
  2. And that you charge for that extra time here on the marketplace.
  3. So people would pay a large fraction of the asked price so that you can have an interesting time modelling each stone and testing an overkill workflow, because you charge directly proportional to your time needed.
  4. Case closed :slight_smile:

But you are right, nobody is forced to buy it and there are other marketplace items for textures available.

A year or so and the prices will be Unity Asset Store level due to real world availibity vs demand. Right now the UE4 marketplace is like a gold rush town with exorbitant attempts on pricing.

We bought these textures for our indie game and the quality is extremely good! The price is higher than others on the marketplace but you will not find any architectural textures that are better. I suppose it depends which way you look at it. When we was looking to hire a texture artist the prices per hour meant that this pack was much cheaper for the quality end result. The author was also helpful outside of the marketplace so I would definitely recommend to anyone.

Astroturf anyone?

No, seriously, I wonder if an astroturf texture was included?
Sad because the textures do look nice, I just wouldn’t pay that price for them. I can figure out other things.

Noone cares about your process or your time spent to make this materials the price is high and it’s nothing that i look at and say woow incredible all that i see here is hmm another starter pack content or hmm this looks like the FREE GameTextures Material Pack . I won’t even pay 50$ for this gl selling 1 copy bye

Would def buy it if it was cheaper, anyone with some basic understanding of the marketplace would know that you would sell alot more with a more reasonable price

Great textures but maker of these don’t really know anything about economy and how it works. I bet that only few have bought this pack. But if price would be like $30, hundreds would buy it. 10 * $150 = $1500, 100 * $30 = $3000.

But it his choise so we should really not care!

Hi,
You’re welcome to download 3 demonstration materials and inspect the quality of my textures.

DOWNLOAD UNREAL PROJECT WITH 3 DEMONSTRATIONAL MATERIALS

http://crazytextures.com/orders/arch_test.jpg

My perspective is that everyone should consider how much value these textures will add to their projects. The asking price is obviously not impulse buy level, but the quality is undoubtedly there. Still I don’t see much of a point in complaining about the price. It’s like walking into Lord & Taylor and finding the manager to complain that a shirt costs $100. This pack is actually using a true next-gen workflow and the results speak for themselves. If the resulting investment gets players to do a double-take when they see your game, the price is inevitably worth it in that case.

As an environment artist I know how much time and energy goes into creation of materials of this quality level. Price is just fine. It`s small enough for indie devs to afford it and actually is a fraction of what the real price of such material pack would be if you hire environment artist to make it for you

Wouldn’t it be possible to save some of the modelling time of the stones, by using displacement mapping. With all the maps you generate, I would guess that you could make a displacement map from your height map in 3Ds Max

This is a joke right? Overkill Workflow and then only 2k Textures? We have already UHD, and there (I can tell you first hand), 2k Textures are already yesterday. Maybe try to sell them as iTextures, would justify the price better :P.

Looks very incredible. If I get my game out and some more budjet from it, the most likely will invest to get these. :slight_smile:

I updated my collection to UE 4.9.

When the time comes to populate my landscape with architecture, this is the pack for me. Very good work

Those are some of the best textures I’ve ever seen! Way outside my price range, but I’m not going to complain about it (I don’t understand why so many people jumped on CrazyTextures regarding the price, it’s not like there aren’t a ton of other texture packs at a variety of prices).

The ultra high quality is readily apparent. I just wanted to say nice job, and don’t let people get you down. :slight_smile:

Guys, nobody cares about what you willing to pay for those, only one person who should care about this is an author and since he doesn’t care, your opinion totally irrelevant.
I wouldn’t pay for it 150$ same as 5$, because i dont need those, but when it would came to real project, with any real budget, lets say “small one”, 150k$ total, this purchase might be a really good investment and if this time comes, would you bother with overkill workflow and insufficient time spending by author? no you wouldn’t, because authors month of work is your 10$ investment, which is scam if you really think about it. And the less people buy those, less chance those textures would be used, more unique your project are.
For a real project which need those textures - it is a perfect chose, for everyone else - nobody cares, go and find your perfect chose.

Yes, I agree - people should not compain the price. And you can buy those separately. Have got 2 materials so far and very happy. Couldnt look better.