Refraction material doesn't work in Light Propagation Volumes (LPV)

Hey guys,

I use Light Propagation Volumes (LPV) for dynamic direct lighting, and all materials work just fine except these which use refraction. The target goal is to create rain particles which use refraction with fresnel like in a famous Koola’s video: UE4 shader/fx test - YouTube . Unfortunately, when I drop a refraction material from Content Examples (M_Glass, M_RefractionDepthBias, etc.) or create one on my own, with or without Fresnel material function, it shows no refraction effect while all other channels (defuse, specular, opacity, etc.) are displayed all right.

Could you please help me with a hint?

Thank you!

Which version of the engine are you using? I’m pretty sure refraction and LPV work together in both 4.5 and 4.6 so there must be something else wrong with your project.

I dont really think it was broken in earlier version either though but still, it’s worth a try.

Thanks for the answer, Jacky!
I was using 4.4.3 due to temporal version incompatibility of some of the extensions. I will build 4.5 tonight to test again, thanks for the hint!

Solved! This was an issue with Performance Scalability, which needs to be set to High or Epic for Effects to enable rendering of refraction. The issue was the same as in Refraction not visible. - Rendering - Epic Developer Community Forums , no LPV involved.