Reflections/cubemaps flickering or displaying incorrectly

I’m new to the Unreal Asset store (mostly been using standard primitives) and I’m having rendering issues and I can’t seem to track down what search terms to use.

Can anyone tell me what’s going on with the reflections/cubemaps in the GIF attached? I’m not sure if I should be looking at rendering settings or camera settings. It almost seems like the light hits the camera and causes strange lighting in the distance?

There also seems to be some flickering that I think is related, but a lot of the searches for “flickering” are about z-fighting.

If anyone can point me at some good search terms or let me know what is happening that would be a huge help.

BTS_Maskening_003.jpg

Looks like an issue with screenspace reflections, not cubemaps. Never seen this issue so I’m not sure how to fix it but you could turn them off as a last resort.

I adjusted screenspace reflections to 0 and that immediately fixed the issue. It sounds like a few other people have had the problem, but no one seems to know why the issue happens.

Thank you so much for your help, Arkiras!

when stuffed turned back/red/white for me (about 10 days after I started using ue4) it was because I had around 1230 reflection captures (one per map component)…
not sure if that could be why in your case, but the issue was visually very similar.