Referencing to Physics Constraint Component in Blueprints

Hi all,

For the past week I have been struggling with referencing to physics constraint components in blueprints. Let me quickly describe the situation.

I imported a .fbx file and generated a skeleton with a linked skeletal mesh and a linked physics asset. Now I created a new blueprint (asset) to use as the actual object to place inside the level and take inputs from the keyboard. Everything is scripted correctly and the object takes inputs to rotate several parts.
However, in this blueprint I also want to change the Angular Motor Target Orientation of a constraint inside the
Physics Asset with keyboard inputs. This can be done with the “Set Angular Orientation Target” node (see Figure 1).
351203-
The problem is that this node takes (of course) an “physics constraint component” as an input to define which constraint to address. Somehow it is not possible to make a “physics constraint component” reference to the constraint in the physics asset (in this case “Box052 : Rotating_Base Constraint”, see Figure 2).

I already tried all possible ways I could think of: Creating a physics asset reference and “pull” it out of there (blue “RCWS” variable, Figure 1), pull it out of the skeletal mesh component (blue “Skeletal Mesh Component”, Figure 1), making a physics constraint component and link it to the physics asset constraint (blue “Box052 : Rotating_Base Constraint”, Figure 1).

In other words: there are loads of options to change a constraint, but there is no way to link to a constraint in a physics asset so in the end it is still not possible to change a constraint in blueprints.