RealityScan is now available for Android devices!

RealityScan is now available for Android devices!

We’re pleased to announce that RealityScan is now available for Android as well as for iOS devices, putting this powerful, free-to-download photogrammetry application into the hands of almost anyone with a modern smartphone or tablet.

With RealityScan, you can create high-fidelity 3D models of objects just by taking multiple pictures of them with your phone or tablet—RealityScan will do the rest! Then, you can export them to Sketchfab to share with the rest of the world, or to download them for use in other applications like Unreal Engine or Twinmotion.

Exporting your models to Sketchfab is free. The number of models you can upload to your Sketchfab account per month depends on your Sketchfab plan, but you’ll automatically be upgraded to Sketchfab Pro for free for one year on your first upload.

Since we launched RealityScan as an iOS app last year, we’ve seen over 200,000 downloads, and many thousands of models created by the community and uploaded to Sketchfab.

The latest release of this application also offers a streamlined user interface and more intuitive workflows. These are just some of the improvements:

• A new step-based workflow takes you through the scanning process, and you can always back up through the steps if you need to make changes.

• You can easily find and delete unconnected images from the Project Library, and optionally add new ones to replace them.

• You can directly open a preview of the final model as it will look in Sketchfab from the Project Library, thanks to an embedded Sketchfab viewer.

• You can add and edit a name and description for the project, which will be automatically synchronized to Sketchfab.

RealityScan requires an Android phone or tablet that supports ARCore, or an iPhone or iPad running iOS 16 and later.

Ready to start creating? Download RealityScan for free today!

Google Play | Samsung Store | Apple Store

4 Likes

I was very excited to try the app, but the camera view usually is black (even with given camera permission) or stuck on the last image taken. After a single image is taken, I cant seem to capture another.

Device: OnePlus ONEPLUS 6T (A6013)

2 Likes

Same issue for me with Sony Xperia V III, Android 13

1 Like

Im haveing the same issue every picture i take disappears almost immediately after capture. I have iphone 14pro also no issues but i wanted to compare samsung s23 ultra with the iphone 14 pro max

Device: samsung SM-S918W

Hi, We are working on identifying the issue and introducing the fix as soon as possible.
Thank you for your patience.

Hi, We are working on identifying the issue and introducing the fix as soon as possible.

1 Like

Hi, are your pictures disappearing, or are they black?

disappearing. if i press the capture button really fast i get to maybe 3 images by the time the first disappears and so on

I don’t know why my Vivo V1981A has such a problem:“This image couldn’t be connected to therest of the scan. Try taking more photosbetween it and your other images.".At the same time, when I finished scanning and went to the next step, no model came out, only the position in space

1 Like

I am using Sony Xperia 4 and getting an issue - Failed to open camera after clicking just 1 picture and hence it gets stuck.

1 Like

Are you getting any error messages?

Hi im getting black screen photos only, with no error message while taking, but after futher photo section inspection, they are all pitch black, not connected. Huawei p30 Pro … any idea how to make it work please? Want to integrate it to my company

Hi, we’re very sorry to hear that RealityScan doesn’t work on your device. Could you reach out to us at realityscan-feedback@epicgames.com? So, we can work with you to try to reproduce the issue.

My Xperia 1 II also has this problem. But from my experience, Xperia’s camera is always unstable.

Hello. App dont work on my Xperia 1. I get “failed to open camera” message. How can i fix that?

Tried with both Samsung galaxy s10 and s10+ and all images taken are unconnected and are black with a red border

“This image couldn’t be connected to the rest of the scan. Try taking more photos between it and your other images.”

Keep in mind I hit the max amount of images I could take (200).

version 1.1.0/101

Unfortunately, I cannot upload more than one image but I have more images if needed.

1 Like

problems solved for my device thank you

1 Like

@FipaDev @rassari @SnuXeRSlH2K
Yesterday we released a new version of the RealityScan app targeting the issue that occurred on your device. Please check that out.