Realistic Grass 1

Hi. Long time monitoring this thread before purchase, just wanted to ask if the level wind now controls your grass so it will move in sync with other foliage/my speedtree trees etc?
Regards
Slinky

Hey man, yep it works well with speed tree wind effect, there is a wind multiplayer in all of the matirals that can be changed to match and other systems, but note you need to go in to the master matiral to change that, I will put it in the instance for easy acsses next update :slight_smile:

Do you know if the update is released in the marketplace? I haven’t got a notification yet…

It should be i got the update through on there yesterday, maybe try redownloading the whole pack from the marketplace?

Hmmm… No update for me yet. I even removed the package completely from my Vault and re-downloaded it, but I still got the older version (i think, because there is still no mobile support in the version I’ve downloaded)… Is there somewhere I can check version number… Maybe Epic should look into publishing version numbers on the Marketplace

Ok mate ill give Unreal an email and see whats going on sorry about that.

Nice pack for a base of grass options.

One request, would it be possible to adjust the texture movement so it is ‘locked’ at the ground?
(Similar to Epic’s method of grass)

Currently any edges of grass look like they are sitting on the surface of water with the movement at the base of the grass textures.

Hey mate,

If you change the max and min pivot movement options to 1 then the grass will stay in contact with the ground at all times :slight_smile:
Hope that helps.

I am working on a better movement effect hopefully will be in the next update.

Tried again today (removed the package from the Vault and re-downloaded it from the Marketplace). I am still getting the old version. Any news from Epic about this?

Hey man,

Just got a response from unreal and there not having any problems on there end and I’m able to download the latest version to, the only thing I can suggest is you redownload the luncher ( I know that’s a pain) not really sure what else I can do, you may have to contact unreal your self sorry about that mate

Hi again,

I’ve sent an email to Epic and waiting for the reply.
In the meanwhile, just to be sure that I am not just being stupid, would it be just plug-n-play for mobile, or do I need to adjust something to the material instances myself… I didn’t really gave to much time digging into it…

Thanks

Hey mate,

Yeah moblie should work without any changes to the materials at all after the update, i guess you will have to wait for a response from epic about not getting the update.
Again sorry your having problems.

Update 1.3.1

Fixes

• Vertex colour added to all meshes LODs
  • Commenting added to level blueprint

Hey guys,

Quick bit of info the pack is working fine on 4.8, i just need to send the 4.8 version too unreal to be put up. If you download and convert the project to 4.8 you wont have any problems.

Hope this helps guys

Update 1.4

Fixes

• Updated for 4.8
  • Switch added for mobile wind
  • Added switch for mobile color variation
  • Added feature switch for a number of features in all materials
  • Bug fixed with LODs

Don’t forget to check out the advanced wind tutorial to get the most out of the expansive options!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=tMCtuDlyJzs

Update 1.4.1

Fixes

• Fixed color issue
  • Bug fixed with LODs
  • Fixed small problem with LQ material

**Features **

• Added the ability to have different values for each actor interacting

The only thing that is stopping me from buying this, is, how big is the performance impact on dense foliage (without static/dynamic lights) and (without static lights, but with dynamic light)?

I have always used dynamic lighting with my grass (Thats not to say it doesn’t look good with static but i prefer dynamic) and the performance impacts are extremely minimal, and when using the foliage tool the performance impact is next to nothing and that’s without using any culling. I hope that addresses any worries you have, let me know if you have any questions!

New update coming soon!

Bring new features updated textures, dedicated mobile meshes and materials
As well as the new unreal character and showcase maps!