Realistic & Fake First Person BP Scene Comparison with & without VR!

Hi, I’ve done 2 same scenes that having the Same Project & World Settings on First Person BP GameMode. The right one started from a workable VR scene that I’ve done previously which tested worked perfectly on Vridge/Riftcat. I’ve removed the previous static meshes & migrated the whole scene from the left into the right with all the same lighting & Post Processing. Basically both scene are totally the same scene. For the left scene i can simply build lighting to get realistic shadow & reflection, where the right scene I can’t make it at all. It looks very fake without proper shadow, AO & reflection and there will be no “Lighting need to be rebuild” warning too! But When I force it to build lighting, it will goes very fast and nothing have change after built lighting. Please help why this can be happened?

Hi, perhaps I’m wrong, but it seems there is no lightmass volume in the new project. Maybe that’s where the problem is coming from for the shadows.
Concerning the reflections, I don’t know the method used, if you use only screen space reflections or if there is reflections capture elements (there is none of them in the two scenes in the outliner except if they are in a folder). Can you give us some elements on the method used in the first scene ?

Hi AquaFab, Very Appreciated &Thanks for your reply. However here are the settings on my VR scene that worked perfectly on my Riftcat:

I have the same lighting setup on this VR project too from the one with FirstPersonCharacter’s template.

If forced to apply Reflection Capture, the reflection may not reflected correctly as from the default reflection.

AO have been applied into both Project Settings & World Settings.

AO have no effect at all when making changes on PostProcessVolumn.

Actually both scene are having the same settings from the FirstPersonCharacter (Left) & VR (Right) but the outcome can be so different? It seem no different!

I have a similar issue with AO, but in my project it doesn’t have effects when changing AO in the skylight. It only results in changes when changing AO in the post process volume. It’s like one gets complete priority, and the other doesn’t work.

In regard to the reflection capture, if using it in conjunction with ray tracing reflections, I think a global variable needs to be set using console. It’s called r.RayTracing.ReflectionCaptureFallback, and it’s set to 0 or 1. It allows reflection capture to work with a multiple bounce ray-traced reflections setup. You have screen space reflections enabled while Reflections Type is set to Ray Tracing, so I think it’s only going to use SSR which maintains a different quality level compared to ray-tracing reflections. It’s also interacting with the reflection capture differently.