Ready Status In Lobby dosn't replicate

Hi all !
I’m trying to implement a ready button in my lobby and depending on whether the player is ready or not I change the status image from red to green. For example, the Call Of Duty Black Ops 1 zombie lobby sums up what I would like to do.

In the GameMode of my lobby, there is an array of player controllers that feeds on each player that connects to the session.

In the GameState, I have all the names of the players that are ready in an array that is replicated:
GameState

In the widget, by clicking the ready button, I send the name of the client who is ready to the server:

When I get ready with the client that has the server, all the other clients get the information and can update their UIs to see who is ready. But when I get ready on a client that does not have the server, the array of player names that are ready (GameState) does not update because of “Has Authority” but if I remove it, it fits only for the client and not for all clients.

In short, I would like to know how to:
1 = Send the name of the ready player to the server
2 = The server updates the array of players who are ready
3 = Clients come to help themselves in the array to visually show who is ready

Thanks in advance for any help.

I think the problem is that you are sending the RPC inside of the UI blueprint, which most likely isn’t set to replicate (if it is possible at all)

I would do it this way:

1. Move your ServerSentReady event to player controller. Call it from UI, as you do it now, the only difference will be is that GetPlayerController(0) output will be used as target for ServerSentReady, not a parameter.
  2. Remove the Player controller reference from ServerSentReady parameters, as it just wouldn’t be needed. Instead, just get reference to “Self” in ServerSentReady.
  3. To get more flexibility, instead of replicating the array of name strings, better would be to make it array of player state references. Player state objects are replicated to all clients already, so clients will be able to pull any information from them, not only the player name string.