Re-spawning A VR Pawn

A while back i got a system working with a first person player that allowed you to respawn the player at any point during the level to a specific location, the reasons for doing this is that the respawn point needed to be moving.

Likewise in VR, i wanted to have a similar feature, so i thought i would take my blueprints from first person to the pawn.

What i first did is create a gamemode base to have the pawn in rather than placing the pawn in the level itself.

303102-class.jpg

Within this game mode base i did the following (see screenshot). basically i created two variables, the spawn actor is used for referencing the actor mid level we want to spawn too.

Then within the pawn itself, i did the following (used the sequence to feed off of the even begin play).

Then finally in the level itself, i did this, the actor is just a empty actor from within the level.

This all works within the first person character, and it does indeed work in VR, but the problem is that once you respawn, you appear a good distance above the ground and no longer able to do anything, even the motion control hands no longer register to anything.

It seems like once the actor is destroyed, it fails to reappear for some reason, though i am able to control the head movements still.

Was curious if anyone has any ideas on what could be going wrong?

Not sure what i did, but its now respawing the player again with control, though now i need to find out how to have the hands go away.

Are you deleting Old pawns after spawning new ones?

Dont think i am, how would i reference that when destroying the actor?

Seems to have worked, thanks!

See Irajsb comment

1.GetPlayerController 2.GetControlledPawn 3.DestroyActor 4.SpawnNewPawn 5.Posses

I changed comment to an answer.