Raytracing was merged into Dev-Rendering!

How does Ray Tracing work with renders (sequencer) so far?

There’s a video on the previous page of sequencer.

Maybe Im blind but I dont see any render there, just video of a car which is from preview and not an actual sequencer.

Also, I see many people using Lightstudio BP and I cant find it. Is it part of the engine?

Hello, I have a question if any of you know how to fix this error occurs when I add pointlight, spotlight, rectlight to the scene.https://i.gyazo.com/7e5d11880ec413af…472e5a6344.png

RTGI 1 bounce, 1 sample per pixel
RT Reflection Screen Percentage of 50%

fps hit is high on my RTX 2080

Hi,

does anyone know if Nvlink Bridge is supported?

I want to buy another 2080ti for better performance, can I expect any improvements in term of FPS?

Thanks in advance!

Global Illumination Samples 10
Bounce 2
Denoiser Deactivated.
EvalSkylight Activated.
Ray Distance Default.

RTX 2080ti

Unless anyone have tested this and seen something, we don’t have yet an official info about this and its been asked several times.

Thanks for your answer. I guess we will find out in the days ahead.

Regards,

Alex.

Heyo everyone! Some of you guys could post early state of command list for DXR, will you :cool:?

thanks for the upload. is this from the latest build of the dev rendering?

your youtube channel is amazing

404.。。。。

Currently we’re still working on 4.22 ray tracing features actively, however our changes (like the fix to the broken multi-bounce reflections) won’t be visible in Dev-Rendering because we’re working in some internal branches. Soon they will be visible in 4.22 branch directly.

You need to be logged into GitHub with your Epic account linked:

Hello, will you get the support of HISM, Foliage and Mask in 4.22? Or will these be supported in the subsequent rendering branch, version 4.23? Or a possible hybrid rendering scheme. Existing DXR can hardly be applied to most outdoor scenarios without supporting these.

Could you please make sure that when you merge your internal branch to 4.22, the individual commit messages are visible in the commit? It’s always extremely hard to dig through commits with no commit messages, sometimes those big merges from one branch to another one are missing all the messages.

Fingers crossed it’ll be in a usable state by the time 4.22 releases! Many things broken atm but I’m hopeful.

I’m still predicting that it won’t be out of experimental until 4.25 at the very earliest. They’re working really hard on it, but it needs some time in the wild before it’ll be considered stable and there’s plenty of features missing that’ll come in over the course of 4.23 and 4.24, all of which will need to be tested by the wider community.

Maybe someone from Epic and weigh in and tell me if my estimate is way off.

I don’t think experimental is the right word. It’s already a lot more than that.