I found a few issues dealing with raytracing, figured I’d mention them here:
- Reflections on translucency are always screenspace: impossible to use raster translucency and raytraced reflections
- Raytraced translucency doesn’t handle depth fade material node properly
- Shadowed objects cut off at around 10,000 units. No option to combine shadow techniques (i.e. distance fields) to support longer distances, only contact shadows continue to work.
- Heavy artifacts on RTGI final gather method.
- Skylight Raytraced shadows are much stronger than distance field shadows: looks erroneous
Is Epic still working on getting Raytracing production-ready?