Ray Tracing landscape translucency artifacts

Hey guys, currently in the process of blocking out a simple test scene but as I’ve come to toggle on Ray Tracing I’ve been getting these puddle-esque artifacts all across my landscape (1st image).

I’ve clicked through all the relevant RT settings in the post-processing volume to see what might be causing this and the only one that has any effect at all is turning off the ‘Translucency’ setting (2nd image).

Setting the ‘Max Roughness’ to 1 under ‘Ray Tracing Translucency’ has some impact in reducing the effect but doesn’t really alleviate the problem (3rd Image).

I am using Displacement on the ground material so I’ve been through the various parameters but they don’t seem to be having any impact at all, the same goes with my light source (HDRI backdrop).

I had previously set this scene up in version 4.25 and thought I’d try 4.26 to see if that would provide a quick fix but unfortunately I am getting exactly the same result. I don’t suppose anyone has encountered anything similar or has any idea as to how to alleviate this? I intend to cover the whole landscape in grass so the ground won’t actually be all that visible apart from 1 small slither across the width of the field but I’d rather move ahead having fixed the issue to some degree or at the very least know why the Translucency setting is causing this.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.