Randomized Dungeon System

Your Dropbox link is disabled…

There is a link on page one with a working version.

I ran into three questions lately and i am searching for some ideas here where to start with it (not for OP only, community help needed - i am an entry-level blueprint guy):

• Is it possible to setup more than one starter room and these still gets connected to each other?

• Could it be possible to setup a grid/area that will fill up all the remaining space with boxes (aside areas above and under slopes, that would be handled different)

• Is it possible to avoid dead ends, regulate the dungeon flow telling that if there was a slope down, there might be another slope up somewhere to get a circuit - avoiding dead ends at all.

Wonderful Blueprint so far, it makes fun to toy around with.

Best, Toby

I made something that acts the same but the core is different. You have a start tile with corridors, juctions and rooms and a count wich are inhereted from the main component blueprint i have made, and it spawn a random corridor, wich spawns a random junction or room. And a junction can only spawn corridors and so a room does.
The only thing i dont know is how to make a dungeon as compact as yours.

[Reply] Randomized Dungeon System

I could not download yours so i decided to make my own. Currently it is turning out very well, better than expected.
My system works as following, i have a base class: **BP_Component **with functions “Spawn Next Component” and “Get Random Component” so i made a 5 Child Classes: {BP_Start, BP_Corridor, BP_Junction, BP_Room, BP_DeathEnd}
All with a different behavior: Start is empty and spawns only corridors, Corridor is just a simple rectangle with 1 exit and can spawn rooms and junctions and death ends, Junction is a cross with 3 exits and can only spawn corridors, Room is a large square with 1 exit and can spawn only corridors and Death End is only spawned when there is a collision or there are no more tiles left to spawn. All components have a spawning percent
This thingy allows me to create something like following images:

Of course this are simple shapes, but it is very possible to add a lot of complex shapes

[Update: 12:32 12/11/2015]
Added a frequency for object individualy and now i have a very high customizability and i have just to add a blueprint with arrows, execute a function in begin play for every arrow and thats it:

[Update: 13:44 12/11/2015]
Converting it to C++ because of some blueprint bugs

Can someone show hot to use the random dungeon with another project? Are we able to migrate a randomized dungeon as a map in another project?

@anonymous_user_c5cb529d your dungeon generator looks great! Would you be so kind please and share it with us?
Also, can it accept seeds?

Sorry for double posting, but I have no luck with the dungeon random generator. When I try to add my custom meshes, it doesn’t work. It does not generate anything.
Does any1 else have this issue?

The link on page one does lead to dropbox and it does presumably have a working version but it gives a 429 error because your dropbox has been generating way too much traffic and has been disabled “temporarily”
I am not complaining, you have no obligation to fix it but I just thought you should know. :smiley:

bro can you please give us different link cause its says to much traffic thank you so much <3

any ideas how to add an exit trigger at the end ?!?

Download is still blocked, could you upload it to maybe github or something? This sounds like an answer to many of my problems! :slight_smile:

Is there an updated link? The Dropbox link appears to have been down for a long time now.

Sorry for bringing up an old thread, but I have been playing around with this.

Very nice BTW!

Has anyone found a solucion to the ‘Blueprint to Spawn’ variable. Despite all efforts I can only get the light to spawn. I have different types assigned to the Enum ‘DungeonBlueprintPoint’. I have searched through the custome structures and blueprints trying to find out how to assign different BP to spawn, but no luck.

Any suggestions…

Thanks

Thank you so much, it’s a wonderful thing!
The only question i have is how to bound AI to NavMeshBoundsVolume? coz it doesn’t seem to work just by adding it in a range of the dungeon

Is there a way to:

1. save the dungeon to a file, so you don’t always have to generate a new one and start from scratch every time you play the game?
  2. spawn a room/Blueprint just once in the dungeon?

Could anyone share the project? The download doesnt work.

hey buddy i am completely new to this can u help me out with how did u start