EDIT 2: Completely new version: https://forums.unrealengine.com/community/released-projects/1502969-dungeon-generator
EDIT: Link finally fixed, but some months after creating this, I noticed there are still some issues left that I can’t fix. I recommend not to use it!
- Easy “Designer” included to turn your static meshes into tiles.
- As many connection types between two tiles possible as enumerations allow (256 if I remember correctly).
- As many blueprint types to spawn on your tiles (lights, pickups, chests, …) as enumerations allow.
- Rarity from 1 to 20 assigned to your tiles to make some tiles appear less often.
- The amount of tiles spawned is only limited by your hardware (tested with amounts from 100 to 10000 tiles).
- Create as many different tiles as you want/need.
- If “Calculate nav mesh at runtime” is enabled in the project settings, a working nav mesh is built.
- The system allows a single exit to be spawned somewhere at the outside of the dungeon.
- Singleplayer only
- Generation at runtime only
- No seeds for generation possible
- Transform for tiles doesn’t include scale otherwise there will be problems with the collision
The designer and it’s settings:
The blue and red spheres are markers to define blueprint points (lights and stuff) as well as connections to other tiles.
The settings of the “master” that defines the start location:
A small dungeon with 100 tiles:
A huge dungeon with 2000 tiles:
Of course the assets used above are just for testing/displaying the system. Here is a screenshot with more refined assets:
Feel free to post a link to your project in here, I’d really like to see this system in action!