Randomized Dungeon System

Subscribed to this thread, I hope you finish this and get the attention you deserve. This is indeed very good and promising. I like how user friendly is.

Wow! I know a lot of people who’d like to get their hands on something like this!

Unfortunately (for me) I cannot put it on the marketplace and make any money with it for certain reasons. And this probably won’t count as “educational content” so I have to release it here in the where it might not reach the amount of users I’d like to reach.

Anyway, I’m preparing it for release now.

Edit: There it is, ready for download. I hope you will have a use for it. Feel free to post a link to your project in here, I’d really like to see this system in action! Can a moderator please put this into the “Released”-section?

Great :smiley: Someone give this man a cookie, 'cause he’s just awesome :smiley: ty matey

Thanks for releasing this for free ! I probably won’t use it directly, but I’m definitely interested in your blueprint setup for this!!!
The one thing that confused me is the nodes like “Make DungeonTile”. I can’t “open” them, so I’m guessing they are made with C++ code?

Nope, no C++ is involved. It’s all blueprint. The nodes you mentioned are collapsed nodes. Simply double clicking them should open them.

After generating dungeons, what should I do with them? There is no player-controlled characters.

You’re supposed to migrate it into your own game or add your own characters or whatever you need to it.

Yeah I thought that may be the case, which is why I asked. For the collapsed graphs it works, but for this node nothing happens when I doubleclick it. What sort of node is it and how does it work?

Looks sweet, can’t wait to pick it apart lol. I’m planning on doing some random generation in my game.

Ah, you mean that one. That’s a custom structure. If you haven’t used them before you should, they are really useful. The structures can be found in the Structure folder.

Hi DasMatz, I see that you released the Dungeon Generator to the community. Awesome and very generous of you! Curious as to why you could not put it on the marketplace as I was considering publishing my BP-based Procedural Monster Generator there. I still think there’s possibilities for Dungeon Tile Sets in the Marketplace. Its educational content by default if others are using it to learn from.

Hi XilenceX, that is a Blueprint User Defined Structure Node introduced in 4.3. They have there own editor to add/remove members, and can be assigned like any data type. You can Make/Break them to expose and modify the members. I ran into issues updating elements arrays of Structs in v4.5.1, so, I had make workarounds. Not sure if the issues have been resolved.

Hi, I actually don’t know where to start.

My english is not the best, so I’m really sorry if you dont understand what I’m trying to say, I’m better on understanding others than on explain myself.

I’m a student who is trying to learn how to do videogames, and i choosed UE4 with blueprints to get started.
After watching all the UE4 youtube official channel and some community ones, i decided to start to try things myself.
I started from just simple projects and messing arround with the exemple blueprints that UE has for getting some experience with the interface.

Then I started a project which coud had been really simple, if i hadn’t found that webpage (kitatus.co.uk) and tutorials, let me try to explain this.
I wanted to make a game based on a labrithing with a start and finish, with zombies. This game, coud be done like a pacman in 3D but when i was about to start i found your web and i simply loved the Randomized Dungeon System to change from a top camera to a third person camera and beeing into the labrithing and not just looking from the top.

Well, now i m going to try to explain you why I 'm here writing this.

I added in the “Dessigner” a Tile to the “Master” with a BlueprintToSpawn called simpleIA (wich is a zombie with just basic follow movement when the player is in his view sight), and it works, to spawn the IA but it doesn’t work when it is supposed to follow my character.

If i manually spawn a Zombie on the “DungeonStart” Mesh, it works as I want, but not when the zombie is spawned by the Randomized Dung System.

My theory is that the Tiles Spawned by the “Master” are Static Meshes and all it contains is also static, so a Dynamic Zombie spawned by this Tile, becomes Static, and i won’t ever move.

So, is it possible to spawn a character with IA (Dynamic character) or there is nothing i can do to solve this? How can i do it? Can you or anybody help me with it?
Zombies are supposed to follow me arround the labrithing until they dont see me or one of us (my character or the zombi) gets killed (i still have to “BluePrint” this).

I already e-mailed to the support mail on the web where i found your project to try to find help there also.

Really thanks for your time/pattience/help.

http://i.imgur.com/Pf7x4dS.jpg
Picture 1: Adding the Tile with the “Designer”

http://i.imgur.com/deUusRV.jpg
Picture 2: The Tile already Setted Up on the “Master”

http://i.imgur.com/DOZwyq6.jpg
Picture 3: The main character with 2 zombies, the flying one (which follows me) was spawned manually on the start, and the one on the edge of the ground texture is the one spawned by the tile which doesnt matter what I do to him (even try to hit him) i won’t ever move.

looks really nice!

@

I’ve been working with this tool, and I believe I have it working in multiplayer. If I can ensure it is working well, I’ll post the project in here so you can do with it what you will.

Hi! Did you make it work on Multiplayer? How worked? Any update from this? Its great! :slight_smile:

Tested with 4.8, works with multiplayer.

very impressive. Reminds me of Slayer back when 3do was cool. This is better

Do u happen to have annother download link? its not working atm
i hope u have TY

I’ve been trying to get this to work, and the examples work fine - but the moment I add my own mesh with entrance/exit points to the room list it never shows up in the map, but I can see a series of the meshes being created and automatically deleted. I can’t figure out what is causing this. Anyone have any tips?