Download

Rama Available, Counseling, Steam/Multiplayer Code, UI, C++ Game Mechanics

Would be great if you could resend, I dont see a PM from you in my inbox.

Dear Community,

My C++ Dream Goal achieved, physics multiplayer platformer, this is a real game with my friend using Steam!

!

!

!

Rama

Hi, i sent a PM. Thanks!

I’ve sent a PM too :slight_smile: look forward to your reply!

Sadly no reply from him yet, or skype add. =

Edit - Nvm, he is just in fact answering a LOT of PM’s but did get to me. Sorry i spoke to soon.

New Low-Level UE4 C++ Memory Management Tool For The Community!

Dear Community,

I’ve just released a new wiki that shows you how you can count references to any AActor/UObject yourself!

You can also get an Object list of exactly who is referring to your UObject!

The code is quite simple, and I am using built-in runtime engine tools.

Garbage Collection ~ Count References to Any Object

Enjoy!

Rama

Sample output:

TArray<UObject*> Referencers;

GetObjReferenceCount(this,&Referencers);

for(UObject* Each : Referencers)
{
	if(Each)
	{
		UE_LOG(YourLog,Warning,TEXT("%s"), *Each->GetName());
	}
}

Oh dang thats REALLY handy i can finally figure whats keeping a reference to my actors causing a null pointer crash, Thanks rama!

Hi Rama,
I sent you a PM

4.11 BP nodes of mine that are now in-engine!

Dear Community,

In 4.11 here are the BP nodes / C++ code that I contributed to the engine that Epic accepted!

1. Is Player Controlled

From the release notes:

New: Added Pawn::IsPlayerControlled() to compliment IsLocallyControlled() (thanks EverNewJoy!)

This is for BP multiplayer games!

It lets you know if the character is currently being controlled by a human player :slight_smile:

If you combine this with IsLocallyControlled() via a macro you can find out easily if any character/pawn is being locally controlled by a human player!

4e7ab9ce6eb4045332436a4ae70c29defd69ed01.jpeg

From the 4.11 Release notes:

New: Vector2D now has equal and not equal functions, just like Vector3D.

2. Vector2D == Vector2D and Vector2D != Vector2D

1. Get Capsule Half Height Without Hemisphere

If you are working with PhysX code a lot, you will enjoy this addition to UE4 because it gives you the half height of the capsule the same way hte PhysX engine sees it!

Enjoy!

:heart:

Rama

Are you still taking customers?

Yup, I replied to your pm! :slight_smile:

Rama

Hi Rama, I sent you a PM. Hoping you might still have some room in your schedule, looking forward to hearing from you!

Hello Rama,

I have a small coding project I would like to have you look at doing, if you have any time available presently, thanks.

sent u pm rama

You private message inbox is full, if you are still taking on work the please do get in touch and feel free to message me instead. many thanks

Shot you a PM!

I sent you a PM. By the way, do you have experience with AWS?

Hey Rama, sent you a PM.

Hey Rama I sent you a PM! Looking forward to talking with you about a few systems!

Dear Community,

I am happy to announce that my melee weapon plugin, a C++ Code plugin, is on the UE4 marketplace now!

I do a lot of low-level physX coding in this plugin to make it easy for you to visualize and control exactly which shapes within your weapon physics asset do damage!

This is a plug and play **per-bone melee weapon system **solution for your project :slight_smile:

Easy to integrate into multiplayer and it is a plugin you can utilize entirely within Blueprints where it was designed to be used.

You can control exactly which parts of the wind-up, swing, and wind-down do damage via animation notifies connecting to your Character BP!

UE4 Marketplace Link