Rain Forest Scene

Amazing work, well done!

A dinosaur would fit perfectly.

That is looking spectacular.

The overcast lighting looks most realistic, followed by day, and lastly evening. The shadows in the day time seem a bit bright, and the night time lighting feels very unnatural, it seems to be a bit too evenly lit and too saturated. In low light conditions the human eye does not see colours very well. Here is a quick before and after in photoshop to demonstrate how much of a different it makes. Hope it helps. Otherwise this is spectacular. One of the best examples I’ve seen in UE4.

WOW! That’s an EPIC work, looks like real… :smiley: You’ve done a really great job!

The night is more like evening right after the sun is behind the horizon, but you’re right in general, night time should be darker.Thanks. :slight_smile:

this is unfair. it should not be possible.

I’ve started working on some proper ground foliage.

wow, Amazing work

I dont have much time working on this but i’ve done some new trees and ground coverage.Rocks and terrain textures are after that.

Amazing as always ICO_hr!
Would love to hear more about what you changed in your shader, it performs so well in different lighting conditions! That’s what I had most problems with when building my foliage shader earlier.

Also curious about what technique you used for the tiny leaves laying on the ground, looks like they actually have geometry?

This is amazing.

Man…I know it’s a lot to ask, but you need to share dem shaders lol. They’re beautiful.

Yes, please

This is what i’m currently using for all the foliage.I’ll have to add tessellation for some of the meshes and color variation mask for all the fround foliage + some very small things like vertex color for the wind because now the entire meshes as affected by it. :slight_smile:

Anybody notice in the tweet from Unreal Engine and Unreal Devs Network that they said it’s Jamsh’s scene and not ICO_hr :eek:

You are absolutely right, they got the name wrong.

The lighting looks MUCH better now.

You need to put a little stream running through the level and a light mist over the water and it will really make it pop.

Really amazing , reminds me of ArmA III foliage :slight_smile:

Actually this is exactly what i want to do.River that will lead to waterfall which should be more open area with vista, something more epic than some random trees with 10 meters view distance. :smiley:

Really cool stuff. Do you plan to release the project? I’d love to dissect it and see what kind of performance you can get from it.

Sounds good, if you need help with the water shader i have a few i have created for different uses.