Radio Device unregisters on player death and this is abberant behavior

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Audio

Summary

I would like to have music play consistently but have a toggle that allows players to unregister. However I have found that dying automatically unregisters the player from the device and this is not behavior that is explained in the device or desired in my case. I have registered players in a Player Counter device, and register and unregister them according to being counted and removed in the counter device. This works as expected, but I do not want the player to unregister on death.

Steps to Reproduce

Use a Radio device set to play for registered players only and die.

Expected Result

Audio keeps playing.

Observed Result

Audio stops playing.

Platform(s)

PC, UEFN

Additional Notes

Sorry to my players but until this is fixed you won’t be able to turn the music off. It can’t be helped.

I just encountered this as well while using Fall Guys content in Fortnite. BG music is well established for Fall Guys, so it seems jarring to have the music cut out when a player is eliminated.

You should use the audio player device instead. Radio device has been deprecated.

I can’t find information about the Radio Device being deprecated. Where does it say it?

We asked about the audio and radio devices in one of the “ask epic anything” discussions and they said we should use the audio player.

1 Like