RAD Game Tools’ Oodle—cross-platform data compression solutions

No, PixelStreaming runs under web standard protocols.

It is included with UnrealEngine and it part of that EULA, so you can use it in Unreal with no other license necessary. That is, it’s not free - it’s just part of the rest of Unreal and doesn’t incur any additional costs.

I tried to compile and make Oodle plugins work without luck.

Looks like there is indeed a problem with the GitHub branches where .h+.cpp files for Oodle plugin exists but not the main .DLL and .LIB dependencies necessary to build the plugins.

For our luck, some helpful gentleman published a copy of the original branch that contains all files at GitHub - hxhb/oodle-compression: Oodle plugin extracted from UE. .

Can you provide more info about license. Should we add the oodle logo or do something else when using oodle compression?

Better than PiedPiper for sure.

Hey Epic, is there some documentation on how to utilise these various Oodle components within 4.27? For the average user? I’d make do with a very basic “here’s the stuff for your engine.ini, this is what it does” right now, as it seems to not be documented anywhere despite this being quite a high profile and useful feature.

I need some documentation too. I have no idea how it works

There is now documentation :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you very much!

Hi, is it legal (from the license side) to merge down and use Oodle with UE 4.26?