Quixel material sampler requires non-virtualTexture

quixel content shows up as black in my level in standalone mode or in executable. I checked the material to find out that it is complaining about something about requiring a non virtual texture

what does it mean? How do i fix it?

Hey man. Just open a texture map and in Details → Search type “virtual” and try to untick “virtual texture streaming”.

1 Like

Isn’t it necessary for world partitioning? I have it enabled because of that.

1 Like

Basically see if you need to have a virtual texture material. If yes, the material setup needs to be different. Here is some documentation on it Runtime Virtual Texturing | Unreal Engine Documentation
If not, select all textures that cause issues, right click, asset actions, bulk edit via property matrix, in search type virtual and uncheck what you see. That will fix the material and it will be displayed as it should be

3 Likes

It worked, thanks!

1 Like

I’ve got the same problem and Devic.a’s method works well but why is that freshly imported materials from the built in Brigde plugin behave that way? This is annoying when you have to change every texture imported from Bridge every time. Is there any way to make it work with Virtual Textures and not give that error? Or make Bridge to import non-Virtual Textures for it’s materials?

2 Likes

Just had this same issue. I can fix it, but why do imports from Bridge come in like this to UE5? I didn’t have the same problem in UE4

2 Likes

That’s right. It should be different master material for VTs with texture placeholders that are also VTs. I hope they’ll came with some good solution f. ex. Bridge could check if you have turned on virtual teztures in a project setting and then download the materials accordingly to this setting.