Quixel Bridge won't export and download assets in Ue5

Hello, I’m trying to use the new internal Quixel Bridge in UE5, but when I drag & drop an asset, nothing appen. The download is stuck in “Waiting” mode.
Thank you !

4 Likes

Same problem with Quixel Bridge materials.

In addition, downloading manually with the Download button then clicking Add once downloaded does nothing.

4 Likes

i download and install quixel bridge. for me now working correctly

1 Like

Okay, I found a solution. I just change the path to the local library inside the Internal bridge. Go to your profile–>Preference

4 Likes

Upon further investigation, it looks like the internal Quixel Bridge’s library was pointing to a non-existent path (I had moved my Documents folder to my D: drive, and Quixel Bridge was pointing to C:).

After changing it to a valid path (but different from the external Quixel Bridge’s library) it seems to be working now.

In the future, it may be best for the engine to check that the Quixel Bridge’s path is valid before allowing export of items. I can file a bug report if that’s the best way to go.

5 Likes

Yes, like you, I moved my Documents folder to an other drive

Reinstalling the bridge plugin from epic launcher worked out for me!

Thank you!!

Hi @Dalkar
Please try the new update to Quixel Bridge described in

Quixel Bridge 21.0.4 Update to Unreal 5.0 EA2 Epic Launcher Binary version

Thanks

Upgrading to this broke my version of bridge.

Hi @dragonlordsd,

Please log with support@quixel.com or send me the Bridge log file so that I can send it to Quixel Support.
It important to get these problems fixed.

• How did you find the problem, was it Windows packaging

• Did the location of Megascans change back to default?

• Did your project break did you get an output log

• Did your Bridge Plugin get updated properly, because I found a version mismatch in the UE5 main version

Thanks

I’ll get the log file when I can. To answer your questions:

The project didn’t break, it ran fine. Quixel was still able to add any assets that had been previously downloaded. It would still download new assets, and those new assets would go to the correct directory. They could be accessed through “go to files”, but could not be added to the scene. Restarting the engine and the computer caused Quixel to “forget” the new assets had been downloaded I am working on a windows computer, but I didn’t notice any problems with the packaging, though I’d have to double check.

Not sure how to check if the plugin “updated properly”. What would I be looking for?

Hi @dragonlordsd,
I think your problem is different to the problem. I don’t think there will be a log file as a major error has not occurred.
I will send your description of the error to Quixel Support and they can look into it.
The version number is found by looking at the Bridge Plugins and will have 2102.0.4 in the top right corner

Logged at Quixel
Can find assets after engine and computer restart - ticket #95585

Hi! I am new just starting to learn UE 5. I was downloading materials from quixel but then something happened or I deleted something and now when I download textures from quixel it would download maps only, so you can’t see the actual instance material, there is no sphere with material on it, only maps. Can anyone help with this?