Questions regarding velocity/life module

Hey guys,
I’m having trouble wrapping my head around the velocity/life module in cascade and atm I am currently pulling my hair out trying to get a single mesh particle to rotate around another stationary particle. I’ve tried finding data on this, other than the wiki which has some vague info, and I’ve come up short on finding anything solid. I am not asking for how to do this but rather how to understand the module its self. I don’t want to be shown how to do it because then i will not truly understand it. So if anyone has the time or knows of a place i can get some info any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advanced!
-Mr.Pwndabear

Still havent gotten a response, so bumping.

Hey man, I can understand your frustrations with Cascade as sometimes the usability is a little funky. Velocity/Life module will SCALE whatever already existing velocity you have. So if you have no other Velocity affectors going on, it’s just going to multiply by zero. I’d suggest to you that you use a different modules for handling such behaviour. Ideally you should be using the Orbit module for this, however it is a complex modules that requires some explanation to use. Here’s a video showing what I think you’re trying to achieve. If this is something you’d like to reproduce, just take a look at my Orbit module settings and it should work.

Let me know if you need help setting it up.

that’s exactly what I was talking about, so the orbit module would be a far better choice for that. Thank you.