Download

Question regarding landscape painting and material instance

Greetings i’m planning to use https://gumroad.com/l/yxLFr (Green and Gray Pack) and all of the materials are instances. So question is is there any way to call material instance inside Layer Blend so i can actually paint those instances on Landscape?

You can assign different materials per landscape component, but you’d probably rather turn those Gumroad materials into Material Layers and connect them in a single landscape material.

I was thinking to make material function for each one then call MakeMaterialAttributes for each instance… Do you think this will work?

That’s what I meant by Material Layer :slight_smile: Same setup and functionality as a typical Material Function, just uses a different name for added confusion from Epic. You can do the “Make Material Attributes” in each function/layer and set the function output to be the single Material Attributes, then in the landscape material you can utilize Epic’s pre-made Material Attributes blending functions for simplicity.

Figured out everything just can’t get Tesselation to work thru Functions :confused: … Is there any way?