Question! It is ok to use any marketplace asset for my own game for sale?

So I am new, and I don’t know much about the rules and regulations for a game using Unreal Engine and sell it in the future.

For example:
-it is ok to use any epic game marketplace asset (regardless of free or not free) for my own game and sell it for money (and how about third parties like sketchfab)? What are the laws, rules, and regulations for that?
-what if I want to start a company making games using Unreal Engine?
-I know there is a percentage of revenue given to epic games if your game generates above a certain amount of revenue. But I am not sure about the exact amount.

I would be greatly appreciated if you can answer any of the questions or hint me in the direction of finding one. THANK YOU!

Hi there @tEMPlEnnY. Hope you’re well!

This topic has been moved from International to Marketplace.

When posting, please review the categories to ensure your topic is posted in the most relevant space.

You should also check out this thread to get more information about this topic.

Thanks and happy developing! :slight_smile:

Hey there @tEMPlEnnY! Most of this is reviewed in the respective EULA’s and I’ll be posting them below as well as answering your direct questions here.

it is ok to use any epic game marketplace asset (regardless of free or not free) for my own game and sell it for money (and how about third parties like sketchfab)? What are the laws, rules, and regulations for that?

Basically every asset on the marketplace falls under the marketplace license in that you have full commercial use of these assets. As long as you don’t sell the source/direct assets themselves separately and they are just used in your game, you’re good!

-what if I want to start a company making games using Unreal Engine?

Same rules apply, any games you make in Unreal will be subject to the royalties after $1,000,000 USD Gross.
"You will never owe us royalty payments under this Agreement unless a Product directly generates more than $1,000,000 USD in gross revenue."

I know there is a percentage of revenue given to epic games if your game generates above a certain amount of revenue. But I am not sure about the exact amount.

This section you want to read over quite well, if you have a product that is going to surpass the royalty requirements I highly recommend taking a read over with a lawyer, while it’s relatively straight forward there’s more to the EULA than first glance.

3. What is the Royalty Rate?
You agree to pay Epic a royalty equal to 5% of all Royalty Revenue (as defined in the next section), regardless of whether that revenue is received by you or any other person or entity.

https://marketplacehelp.epicgames.com/s/?language=en_US&lang=en-US

2 Likes

Thank you for the info!

Thank you, Got it!