Quest not connecting? VR preview grayed out

Sorry, accidentally typed Unity, the question is just for Unreal Engine.

I have it installed. However not sure how to do the adb devices command. How do I do that?

I have an Oculus Quest I’ve been trying to get connected to Unreal Engine 4, however the VR preview is always grayed out even when the Oculus desktop app shows I’m connected. My suspicion is it may be my computer, as the Oculus app does warn me my graphics card isn’t compatible, and whenever I enable Oculus link on my Oculus it tells me there’s a “general device problem”. I’m on a laptop, so not sure how feasible it would be to try and replace the graphics card for it, and would maybe have to get a gaming PC or laptop I’m guessing to get this to work.

However, I’m wanting to make sure the graphics card is the issue and there isn’t something else I need to do before I work out a lot of money for a new PC. Is there anything else I should be looking for to try to fix this and get Quest working for Unreal Engine? Thanks for any help any of you can provide.

Edit - I got the quest to appear now under launch options, however VR preview still is grayed out. Is there a way to play test on the quest without having to build out the whole game?

Have you installed adb ? If yes you need to make sure you search for devices with the adb devices command with your Quest plugged into your computer.

It should display your quest ID.
Then in UE4 it won’t be grayed out anymore. Don’t know about Unity

Nvm, I was able to figure out how to do the command. It wasn’t appearing, and I figured out it was because I didn’t have the android studio and android NDK set up. However, the quest only appears under launch options and not VR preview. Know how to fix that?

Same problem here for Quest 2 in 4.26.0 …VR preview grade out but project works on lunch menu. I test both VR template and blank project. No luck yet … . …

You must also have installed the Oculus Desktop App and be configured to use Link. If you can’t start up Link, you won’t be able to use VR Preview. Also, Link must be running prior to you trying to do a VR Preview. Of course, this means you have to be running Windows. I sometimes use a MacBook that I’ve rebooted in to Windows just for this.

You can test to see if Link is working by just starting up any Oculus desktop title. If that works, you’re in good shape.

If the Quest goes to sleep, it will often cancel Link …or Link also goes to sleep…and you can’t get VR Preview to work.

I use the Oculus Developer Hub to manage disabling my Proximity sensor when I’m developing so my Quest never sleeps. I also tend to turn off Guardian when sitting and devving, too.

Also, some friends of mine who’ve had trouble with this have told me that if rebooting didn’t help, they go in to the Oculus Desktop App, under the Configuration, there’s a Reset option. They’ve used that to get it working.

I have same issue :frowning:

This sucks LOL

I don’t know if all of you got a solution. For my experience, VR preview is always greyed out if I open UE editor before launching the ouculus link (both cable & air link). My expectation is to have VR preview enabled at any time.