Download

quest fog?Do you know how to improve the performance and efficiency of FOG in Unreal 4?

Do you know how to improve the performance and efficiency of FOG in Unreal 4?
When developing the application of quest, as long as the fog switch is turned on, the efficiency drops significantly after packaging it out, but the official has not given the corresponding adjustment parameters for the related settings of the fog effect. Do you have any other good ways to make fog effects? Or a fog effect production method that saves resources and performance?
Thank you God!

Technical fog effects are extremely intensive on mobile and VR platforms, so avoid using atmospheric fog and exponential fog components where possible - take it from me, you’ll be fighting against every other aspect of your project to maintain frame budget. Instead, try faking a fog effect with this: UE4 Tutorial: Multi-Colored Fog (Journey) - YouTube

If its volumetric fog that you’re after, I think you’re out of luck. If you can get volumetrics to correctly render in VR, you’ll still struggle against the performance impact.

Thank you very much for your answers.
Try to make according to your youtube tutorial, but encountered a new problem.
When the mobile HDR effect is turned off, the Android mode does not support the POST process, so packaging into the headset has no effect, but the ordinary ES3.1 mode is feasible. I don’t know if there is a problem with the setting, or quest vr does not support it.