Query

Apparently I still used the 4.6 branch instead of the release branch - my bad, the version is updated now, cheers for the feedback! :slight_smile:

I finally got some free time and went to try the plugin, and got the rebuild message. Noticed we’re at 4.6.1. Any chance I can get a rebuild please?

EDIT: Oh, no worries. I installed VS2013 and managed it myself. Sorry!

Glad to hear it worked, and Happy New Year! :slight_smile:

Hi Stefander!

I tried to use this plugin using the UE4.6.1. If it is a C++ project, will work without problems. But the blueprint only project is required to rebuild.

This plugin can not be used without rebuilding?

Only C++ projects fully support plugins, so it’s an engine’s requirment for now.

Well it still not works with my 4.6 project, no change If I use c++ or blueprint project, everytime I start my project with the plugin loaded, it asks that rebuild thing, if i hit yes, he will say try rebuilding from source manually. Those tips from those people before me did not help either… Any other tips?

Edit: Got it working :smiley:
Edit2: Whats the php or html script for the array example with the names stefan, mark, davy and so on, because I’m struggeling with arrays.

Thank you ufna!

I’m after creating a C++ project and place the plugin.

Could you (or anyone) possibly post the dll compiled for 4.6.1? I don’t think I have space on my laptop to install VS… Thanks!

Ok, I installed VS and compiled the plugin for 4.6.1 on my laptop, and posted a new .zip with the compiled binary here…

Though, I still can’t seem to get my data to load in. Does anyone know if it will support a port# in the URL, like this?

http://localhost:9090/test/data

Thanks,
Matt

First of all :

Thank you Stefander! This plugin really helped me with an university assignment I had to do.

EDIT : ^ Please ignore this, it was just me being stupid and tired, because it was late. I still have another question, though. I can’t seem to find out, how I can check I actually received legit formatting from an URL. Does anyone have an idea, how I could do this?

Thanks,
Ohaim

Ok, I have my data loading in now… But, I don’t see the “Get Data by Key” node as an option (even when “Context Sensitive” searching is turned off). Does anyone know how I can load that node in? (see attached screenshot)…

Thanks!
Matt

Hey guys,

I was playing around with the plugin and noticed that there is no possibility to debug the sent object or ?
Also I got a understand problem. I have to say, that I am very new to and so on :slight_smile:

I followed this (easy to understand for me):

Also in the last step before posting the request you “add object array field” with the “objects” key.
Then the php sends you a feedback with the string field “status”.
But how to handle or decode that php/html side ? Is it “post” or “get” and/or does anybody have an example? That
would be really really great…

Hi,

I don’t really have an example for you, but I need to do something similar in the next days, so here is how I want to do it :

In the example, the Data he creates and sents (“posts”) to stefander.nl/test.html does “nothing” (as far as I know), at least the Data doesn’t get handled on the server side. Instead you just get this response :

{ “status” : “success”, “message” : " message here" }

So, what I want to do is, create Data like in the example with the stuff in it I need, and the use “Post” to send it to my php-script and the decode it with the Decode Php function. And doing with it, whatever I need to do, I guess.

Thanks for the plugin, perhaps someone could post some basic PHP to show people how this would be used to store and retrieve data on the PHP side?

Is there a compiled version available?

Also what do i need as the backed to post data to? I have a SQL DB.

There’s a compiled version (for 4.6.1) posted by mpursley a few posts above yours :

Sweet thank you.

Is it possible to make a “PUT” request instead of the “POST” request?

It’s not possible with the functions the plugin has now, no.

Are there any news about updating this plugin to work in 4.7 ?