Query

Awesome plugin, is there support for arrays?

Edit:
Just saw the post from , that’s a shame. Arrays would have been awesome.

Stefander are you going to compile for 4.5? If no is there a way someone with no programming knowledge learn how to do it?

Sorry for the late reply guys! :slight_smile: I’ll be updating it to 4.5/4.6 tonight when I get back from the office hopefully, had some issues with my fork that I haven’t had the time to fix! As a sidenote, I’ll be looking into adding arrays very soon!

I’ve just updated the binaries to the 4.5 branch! Available for download here: http://www.stefander.nl/files/JSONQuery_UE4.5.rar
The reason for the huge delay was me messing up my fork, and I couldn’t get the two required rars to download without timing out, so I haven’t had the chance to compile a new version for you guys :slight_smile:

Can we use a/this plugin without having to compile?

Thanks for the plugin. I will try it if/when it doesn’t require compiling. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Max

I’ve already compiled it for you (if you’re on a x64 Windows system), but I’ve included the source as well for people on other platforms :slight_smile:

Thank you for updating! This has helped us in our project very much.

I was just posting to say thank you and to ask about building. We have heard that when you build and package a project, plugins are not included? We were wondering if that is the case for this plugin?

Again, thank you for making such a great thing!

EDIT: Maybe of some use, we put the plugin into our project folder.

tried using this for 4.5 however Im getting "The following modules are missingh or built with a different engine version:

UE4Editor-JSONQuery.dll

after trying to rebuild, it just fails. Help? (I’m using Win7 64bit) D:

Cheers man, it means a lot! :slight_smile:
That’s a good question, I really don’t know - but I’ll do some experimenting. Can’t remember doing anything special, so it’s possible!

I’ve compiled it with the 4.5 Github branch, but I remember now it said 4.5.1 when booting the editor… Have you updated to the latest 4.5 version? That might solve your problem! :slight_smile:

Hello Stefander,

Thanks a lot for this! I’m having some problems making a connections though. I can connect to your test html and get a response but when I try and connect to my php file or an html file with your text in the body I get nothing.

Here’s what I got.

If I attach your node it gets the message response.

Here is my testing PHP:

class User {
public $name = “Bobby Z.”;
public $profession = “Doctor”;
public $message = “Finally seeing some interaction”;
}

$user = new User();

echo json_encode($user);

I also tried just a plain HTML:

<html>
<head></head>
<body>{
“status” : “success”,
“message” : " message here"
}</body>
</html>

Any thoughts?

Thanks again for your time and contribution!

Remove the plugin from the plugins folder, open your project, “add code to project”, make empty c++ class, close project.
Then copy the plugin back into your plugins folder, open project, let everything recompile.
That’s how I got it working :slight_smile:

Hey JLuciana, thanks for taking the time to experiment, it means a lot! :slight_smile: Make sure not to include any HTML tags when you’re sending , since it will not decode the object correctly. You can safely remove all the HTML tags in your last example and it should work! Let me know if it doesn’t :slight_smile:

I’ve added array and string array support, this version is still pretty unstable and messy so I’m not replacing the link just yet, but I figured it might be useful for people to toy around with :slight_smile: Tell me what you think! The binary was compiled with the 4.5.1 branch, so you’ll have to recompile it on the 4.6 branch. Anyway, here it is: http://www.stefander.nl/files/JSONQuery_UE4.5.1.rar

I’ve incorporated quite a lot of changes in this version - firstly, I’ve made most of the functions BlueprintPure, so you don’t need as many intermediate variables to avoid them going out of scope while you’re setting up the data. The second one is ofcourse the arrays, I’ve incorporated support for both string and object arrays. Remember, most of this functionality is still in a very rough state so you might encounter some bugs :slight_smile: Let me know when you do though!

And a quick string array example (and as you can guess, it’s quite self-explanatory):

Officially updated the older plugin to UE4.6, unfortunately it is no longer backwards compatible due to a couple of very recent Unreal framework changes. And as you guys requested, I made a couple of changes to the code and it now fully supports both string and object arrays! :slight_smile: Enjoy and let me know if you have any issues!

http://www.stefander.nl/files/JSONQuery_UE4.6.rar

Some screenshots from the updated version:

Hallo Stefan Wijnker,

I have a question regarding this plugin. I’m running 4.5.1 and have unpacked the plugin(http://www.stefander.nl/files/JSONQuery_UE4.5.rar) into “UE4\Epic Games\4.5\Engine\Plugins\JSONQuery” once I try to open my project I get the following msg.

The following modules are missing or build with a different engine version:
UE4Editor0JSONQuery.dll
Would you like to rebuild them now?

If i choose “yes” i get the following msg:

could not be compiled. Try rebuilding from source manually.

Am I missing anything here?

Thanks in advance.

I only know how to fix this if you have a C++ project (launching from visual studio). Open UE4.sln and right click on your project -> Rebuild. This should compile the plugin for your game.

I have a different question (for 4.5.1 build)!

I am unsure if this is a plugin issue or an unreal issue, but when i launch my game in editor it works wonderfully, and when I make a development build I get:
LogLinker:Warning: Can’t find file ‘/Script/JSONQuery’
and
Accessed None ‘JsonVa1’ (my object variable)

My request then never happens since I’m assigning the variable before anything else. If this is a problem I’d like to know before making an answerhub. Thank you!

Hello fellow HKU’er :slight_smile:

Nice plugin! I’ll keep this in my bookmarks for future use.

Sorry for not getting back to you guys sooner!
@Aesais: that’s a thing I fixed in the newest 6.0 version - all you have to do is change “Developer” to “Runtime” in the uplugin and that should solve your problem! :slight_smile:
@: Heey man, cheers, let me know if you run into any issues! :smiley:

Hi Stefander,

I’m trying to use your latest plugin (4.6) on UE4.6. However I do get a rebuild messaga and it fails to recompile. How should I make this work? (I tried it on a clean C++ First person project btw).

Thanks!