Put code for material in UE4

I have a piece of code someone gave me so that I could use it for my material in UE4. How do I use this code and implement it for my material.

[USER=“3613672”]Ming Ning[/USER] How do I paste the text directly into my material?

[USER=“3613672”]Ming Ning[/USER] would it still work if it was a material text used with UE3?

TwoSided = true
bDisableDepthTest = false
bIsMasked = false
ReferencedTextures[2] =
{
ReferencedTextures[0] = Texture2D’vfx_shared_textures.textures.tex_mistystuff’
ReferencedTextures[1] = Texture2D’vfx_shared_textures.textures.tex_grad_jet’
}
BlendMode = BLEND_Additive (3)
OpacityMaskClipValue = 0.333
FlattenedTexture = None
MobileBaseTexture = None
MobileNormalTexture = None
bUseMobileSpecular = false
MobileSpecularPower = 16
MobileSpecularMask = MSM_Constant (0)
MobileMaskTexture = None

[USER=“3613672”]Ming Ning[/USER] This is my text and this is my material. I have tried Ctrl + C the text, and Ctrl + V onto this viewport uploaded above, but nothing happens

You can use custom expression for it:

https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/…tom/index.html

But what you posted is not a shader at all, it looks like a copy-paste custom expression node I linked above.

You’re probably right - I sure do not know what I’m looking at :slight_smile: This line makes sense but that’s about it:

Code=“float3 (sin(color1) + (color2) * 1.618);”

[USER=“3613672”]Ming Ning[/USER] would you mind showing me what the blueprints would look like in the material editor, using that code:

TwoSided = true
bDisableDepthTest = false
bIsMasked = false
ReferencedTextures[2] =
{
ReferencedTextures[0] = Texture2D’vfx_shared_textures.textures.tex_mistystuff’
ReferencedTextures[1] = Texture2D’vfx_shared_textures.textures.tex_grad_jet’
}
BlendMode = BLEND_Additive (3)
OpacityMaskClipValue = 0.333
FlattenedTexture = None
MobileBaseTexture = None
MobileNormalTexture = None
bUseMobileSpecular = false
MobileSpecularPower = 16
MobileSpecularMask = MSM_Constant (0)
MobileMaskTexture = None

[USER=“3613672”]Ming Ning[/USER] is there some sort of tool I could use to see what the blueprint will look like, using a piece of code?

@X-Supreme](https://forums.unrealengine.com/member/3709286-x-supreme)If you Ctrl+C a blueprint graph, you actually have a text representation in your clipboard. There is a neat website called blueprintue.comwhich let’s you preview and share your blueprint graphs.
If anyone wants to get more details on how to setup custom shader development, we have a couple of articles on our blog about that topic.