It is difficult to determine what magic is happening with PIE vs a real multiplayer scenario.
For the life of me I cannot get a dedicated server to work properly with PIE.
I am building a mobile multiplayer game and want to use a dedicated server setup. The idea is the game is matched based and has 2 players. When 2 players join the server the game begins.
- Multiplayer Options: Number of Players: 2
- Multiplayer Options: Dedicated Server (checked)
- Advanced Settings: Editor Multiplayer Mode: Play As Client
- I click play and it launches two game instances and a dedicated server
- Game clients appear to automatically connect (“Join”) and therefore Join session doesn’t work
Let’s say that Unreal automatically joins dedicated server (i’m guessing) on PIE. Well, then how do I properly TEST a REAL multiplayer game so I can feel confident that when I push the dedicated server up to a hosting provider (which is a VERY long process) that I have it set up properly?
Again what I really need is a REAL testing scenario so I can quickly iterate my multiplayer features and then deploy with confidence that it will work online as it does locally. Any thoughts?