Projects won't revert files correctly

Summary

Often, UEFN will check files out for me and won’t revert even after attempting to revert my changes. The only way I’ve found to fix this issue is to completely delete my project files and redownload the entire project. This has happened to me on multiple projects, on multiple PCs. Typically it’s the same few files, but frequently it includes .uefnproject file.

This morning, I tried to revert my changes on my Home PC, but the checked out file still persisted even after redownloading the entire file from scratch.

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Other

Steps to Reproduce

  1. Open a project.
  2. Go to check in changes.
  3. See project files that weren’t adjusted (sometimes all changes).
  4. Revert selected files.
  5. After reloading, see that “Check In Changes” still shows the files checked out.
  6. Occasionally, deleting the entire project files and redownloading fixes the issue, but this morning after redownloading the entire project, the files were still checked out.

Expected Result

After reverting files, the Editor should show no files to check in.

Observed Result

Continuously have project files checked out that should have been reverted.

Platform(s)

PC

Upload an image

Having a similar issue, cant restore as latest on old revision due to the .uefnproject not being at head version? not had this issue until this update

What I did for this to happen

  • Launch uefn map with revision control from before the update
  • Make an edit of something on the map
  • Check in to be the latest version
  • Revert to an old version
  • Try to set it as latest revision
  • Unable to due to conflicts with .uefnproject
  • Project is now bricked from ever reverting to a revision from before this update (v42.20)

The .uefnprojectfile contains editor/engine version information.

When there is a UEFN update, the editor/engine version changes, and the new version will be stored in the .uefnprojectfile, which will result in the file being checked out.

You should CHECK-IN CHANGES and submit the file into Revision Control.

But its stopped us from reverting to old revisions and setting those revisions as latest? Can get around with command prompt but still. Can’t remember not being able to set an old revision to the latest after an update?

What happened when you clicked on the RESTORE AS LATEST button?

Edit: Ah I think you never got the RESTORE AS LATEST button, is that correct?

Just tested on a project I havent touched since before v42.20

After launching im prompted with being able to check in changes (.uefnproject being updated) as you stated. I checked this in.

Ive then reverted to the previous version through revision control and unable to RESTORE AS LATEST, heres are screenshots. I am able to 100% repo this everytime on any project that has a check in before this update (v42.20)

Submitting this to main just sends me back to the head revision. And im unable to restore this version as latest

I remember it saying something like .uefnproject is not at head revision (cant seem to find this message now)

Edit: Someone else in the Fortnite Official UEFN discord also had this issue and found a work around by using command prompt to push the version and my team member also encounters the same issue when trying to do it from their PC

@Nightzz - understood. I moved the fix you need up to 42.40.

Hopefully you can use the Discord workaround in the meantime. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Thank you, no worries :slight_smile:

1 Like

FORT-1154773’s status has changed to ‘Ready for QA’. A member of the QA department is investigating the issue.

I have the same problem; what should I do?

image

Try this:

"First in uefn, open your project and sync it to the version you want to restore as latest. once it finishes loading, close UEFN and open the project folder and type “cmd” in the address bar. once command prompt opens, run this first:
“C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Fortnite\FortniteGame\Binaries\Win64\lore.exe” revision restore “OLD VERSION RESTORED”

wait for it to finish, then run this if the command above didn’t already push:
“C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Fortnite\FortniteGame\Binaries\Win64\lore.exe” push

once everything is done, close cmd prompt and open your project."

I have a different path, which is:

D:\Epic Games\Fortnite\FortniteGame\Binaries\Win64\Lore

try “D:\Epic Games\Fortnite\FortniteGame\Binaries\Win64\lore.exe” revision restore “OLD VERSION RESTORED”

The version I want to restore is 2900, but the one listed is the newer 3118; what should I do next?

If you had gone back to the old revision before this it should have pushed the old version to latest, have you opened the project and checked?

I’ve returned to the project; is version 2900 supposed to be at the top?

Oh, sorry! I forgot to revert to the required version :sweat_smile:

Thank you so, so, so much! I had stopped working on the project for 10 days because of the problem, but now I can finally continue. I love you, brother! :white_heart:

No worries, shoutout to the guy in discord who helped me with it too :slight_smile: