I am working on a multiplayer third person shooting game which is using dedicated server. When the character shoots a bullet projectile, the server spawns it and replicates it to all clients but the problem is that it does not replicate projectile at close range to the hit target (anything) but when the projectile movement speed is below or at 1000 it replicates and shows collision.
- I have a character blueprint in which he has weapon, the character is able to shoot using a weapon.
- Weapon blueprint to calculates shooting eligibility, trajectory of the projectile, spawns of the projectile and updates of the ammo of the weapon.
- The bullet blueprint which is the projectile, checks if it is server then replicates it to all clients, spawns effects and do damage if the target hit is the character.
Following are what I have done so far to make it work correctly,
- Checked and verified execution paths by printing the strings
- Debugging all functions and nodes involved in the process of shooting the projectile.
I don’t know if I am missing something or doing something wrong which I am not able to identify. I am hoping that someone will help me in with this problem and points me in the right direction.
Screenshots are in the attachment. Thanks