Projectile grenade actor "shaking" when fired while moving character

As the title suggests, Im having a really weird little issue when I move my character in a direction and shoot my grenade launcher, sometimes the grenades shoots out jaggy looking and become incredibly twitchy, but when the character is standing still, it occurs “less”. It will still happen occasionally while standing still, but not nearly as often. As of right now it has 3 components. Its collision sphere, its mesh, and its explosion collision sphere. Any more screenshotting/video will be provided upon request. Id be incredibly grateful for any assistance I cant get. Thanks again.

Video and screenshots are provided via my crosspost on reddit.

Try turning off Replicate Movement on the projectile actor.

I did this to no avail. I have unclicked replicate movement in my blueprints rootcomponent, and I have turned off replicate physics to autonomous proxy in all of its components, and turned off replicate component on all the attached components. This seems to have fixed the “shaking” but now I have another problem its introduced. It seems to veer in a random direction suddenly now. I will post a video on the reddit page from the posted URL.

How are you spawning them? Could you show the code/blueprint?

As of right now, Ive been doing everything possible to get everything out of blueprint and into C++ because from my understanding, in the long run its makes development on the person having to work in the editor easier. Anyways, here is the code.

And here is a snippet of the code for the Grenade projectile itself.

Code looks fine. Watching the video it looks like they’re bouncing. Could they be hitting the character/gun somehow?

Turns out this was a nasty little bug to figure out. The code that was the problem ended up actually being part of my character actors weapon switching process. I was detaching the weapon from my character, switching its visibility, but it was still floating there. I got the idea to use the OnHitComponent on my grenade to find out what the other actor was that was being bounced off of was in fact the previous weapon that I had attached, which was floating there invisible, but still colliding with my projectile. After that I went into the blueprint to find that it was in fact blocking projectiles.

Turns out this was a nasty little bug to figure out. It was a combination of having SetReplicatesMovement set to true on the grenade projectile and another issue on my character class’s weapon switching process. I was detaching the weapon from my character, switching its visibility, but it was still floating there. I got the idea to use the OnHitComponent on my grenade to find out what the other actor was that was being bounced off of was in fact the previous weapon that I had attached, which was floating there invisible, but still colliding with my projectile. After that I went into the blueprint to find that it was in fact blocking projectiles.