PROJECT: Unreal Fighter 2D

Thank you for the information.

hows the project going?

---------- Update: 08.01.2016 ----------

**- New Video: **Here we have the moment of truth, Palette System!

Color System MK 3: I was still not happy with the fact of separating sprites in Photoshop, so me and Mr Dash (someone who teaches me material stuff) found another solution! Now separating sprites is a luxury that you can chose to do for clothing, weapons etc if you so desire. ^^

I am really tired so I can’t really tell more. But the video explains more than enough as it’s long! =)

The palette system looks great keep it up bro

So you’re trying to convert people from Mugen to here, right? Those videos are very persuasive :smiley:

Thanks!

Yesssssss. Soon we will have an army of Fighting game creators! ROAR!

Or something. :slight_smile:

Here’s hoping this becomes for Unreal what Universal Fighting Engine is for Unity. Keep up the good work man.

Thank you friend.

I sometimes check their channel but it doesn’t seem like they update it. I don’t like the fact that it’s in Unity though. It means it’s not open source, so meh.

I just checked and apparently two versions of it come with open source code, but the problem is both cost around $200. They also mentioned something about making a version of it for Unreal on their website but I don’t know if they even started working on that.

What I mean is the Unity engine itself. I don’t like the way that you need to pay for important additional features etc too. The Engine itself is not free so it ain’t really fun and games.

If I could do it, I wouldn’t let a beginner to see -everything- I have done, just to make sure they dont confused. And if they wanted to progress, they could buy the full source code too. I am not against what the Universal Fighting Engine does, that’s their decision after all.,

But hey, if they do one for Unreal, I could see where I am doing wrong too. :slight_smile:

The problem that I have with UFE is that everything is pretty much basic stuff. so if you want to add advance features you do need the source version as well knowing C#, so its going to require alot of coding if you want to add extra stuff even a simple color or mesh swap when selection a character.

by basic I mean is that you can add a simple fireball projectile easy but if you want to do something like rugals shield reflector or hulks gamma wave or tornado you have to dive a bit into the code or set up your particles in a certain way for it to work correctly that it made it a ***** and annoying process.

Looks fantastic!

I’m curious to know how you are handling collisions: particularly in terms of:

• Authoring: How are you defining collision volumes for characters?
  • Resolving Collision: In game, how do you determine who hit what, and when?

That’s the problem with Unity. You still need to know C# if you want to do something unique. Which is a big Nope for me.

I would rather people who does not how know to code, do stuff too, just like I do. :slight_smile:

Thank you Mr Alan! Here are the answers!

Collision:

You see, it’s the simple collision setup of paper2D.

Hitting: Capture2.PNG

I use Boxtracing to hit stuff.

That’s all really. I got a Box Trace event where every attack changes it’s values. I am keeping things simple as much as possible. :slight_smile:

This is incredible man. I look forward to seeing that anim notify system :D.

I am working with an engineer to make a system that got a connection to C++.

If it all works well, it will be an amazing step for any paper2d project! We will see ^^

this is so cool!!.. really good job there…
i want to learn more about the materials… how it was setup with paper2d…

Are you changing the shapes of the box trace and the sprite collision per frame?
If so, where do you store and edit that data? Data Table?

Thanks, I will show once I tidy things up :wink:

I understand what you ask now. Let me show abit of it;

At left, you will see one struct with information regarding to hit, and below it the macro that calculates the location and shape of the box trace. Inside that macro there is a calculation of player position aswell, so box trace always triggers where it supposed to be. =)

Bottom right you will see the struct that contains the information regarding which attack can be done, if the current attack connects. It is Light Punch so we got alot of options if we success. :stuck_out_tongue:

Lastly at Top right, is the macro that triggers the Attack Event which triggers the box trace. Every 0.0166667 seconds the attack is triggered. First Frame and Last Frame variables are used to how many times to trigger the box trace event and at which frames. =)

Here at Top Left is the Commence Assault. Event that is triggered every frame and you will see the information flooding to the box trace etc. I don’t want to show the rest because beginners will cover in fear if they see the mess! xP

That’s all. :slight_smile:

Doesn’t really look like a mess but thats just me lol. Pretty sure anyone with a bit of blueprint experience and fighting game editors like Mugen/Fighter maker ect… can understand most of whats going on in those 2 pics

I know it’s wishful thinking, but the ability to read Mugen characters and stages like Ikemen does would be absolutely amazing. But it’s amazing already! Good work.