Project name with C++ code cant have spaces?

Hello, so I trying to rename my project, but with C++ part its not so easy how with blueprints … I think that if exe file dont have spaces its not a problem, if I can call game in ivdeo game digital distribution service as I want. Or there any secret method? :slight_smile:

Hello! Most of such constraints are connected with OS and compilers configs, so just check them out.

I mean that I have problems with redirect like changing " ProjectNameWithoutSpaceEditorTarget" to “Project name with spacesEditorTarget”. Its dont work.

Project can be renamed by renaming uproject file. You can add space but there might be goo reason why you can’t do that. Note that this name is used just by editor, for actual game name used elsewhere you need to set it up in Project Settings.

In C++ aside of project name you also have name of C++ module which will be included to engine, it does not need to be renamed with as project and users won’t see it’s name in packaged game (or else they attent to do some hacking on yout game), if you want to rename that you need to change name also inside uproject file (open it in text editor), .target.cs , build.cs and also in main module class code. This one can’t have spaces as you can’t have spaces class names contained in those mentioned files, as they contain C# and C++ and they need to be all valid.

Note that you can freely rename exe file after packaging game (first one you find in folder, there other one deeper in folders which first one executes so you can’t rename that one)

Yea …

Thanks for answer :slight_smile: Maybe you also know how to fix this

“…\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(44,5): error MSB3075: command …\Build.bat ProejctNameEditor Win64 Development -Project=”…\ProjectName.uproject" -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild" finished work with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command."

Run VS with admin rights dont solve this. I used this guide Renaming a C++ project - C++ - Unreal Engine Forums for rename.