Project crashing on start

When opening the project it takes longer than usual and when it opens it looks like there is nothing but slowly starts to build shaders however crashes before 50%. Im guessing the crash log is saying the plugin is at fault but im not sure how i go around removing it.

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000000030

UnrealEditor_QuestEditorDev!UBaseQuestEditor::QEditorSave_GetVariables_Misc() [D:\build\U5M-Marketplace\Sync\LocalBuilds\PluginTemp\HostProject\Plugins\QuestEditor\Source\QuestEditorDev\Private\QuestEditor\BaseQuestEditor.cpp:769]
UnrealEditor_QuestEditorDev!UBaseQuestEditor::execQEditorSave_GetVariables_Misc() [d:\build\U5M-Marketplace\Sync\LocalBuilds\PluginTemp\HostProject\Plugins\QuestEditor\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UnrealEditor\Inc\QuestEditorDev\UHT\BaseQuestEditor.gen.cpp:601]
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject
UnrealEditor_CoreUObject
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_UnrealEd
UnrealEditor_UnrealEd
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
kernel32
ntdll

Hey @Simolitical!

You’re looking at a Null Reference Exception in the QuestEditor plugin you have. I would try removing that plugin, seeing if that solves it. If it does, that’s definitely where your problem lies.

If that lets you then open the project, try updating the plugin, et cetera, and make sure it is compatible with the Unreal Editor version you are using! :slight_smile:

how do i remove it

Here is a thread where someone else had the same problem! This has all the info you’ll need on that :slight_smile:

thanks so much i nearly went crazy lol

1 Like

You’re very welcome @Simolitical, and if you have any more questions, please don’t be afraid to ask! That’s what we’re here for!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.